Bore tech case cleaner question

crkckr

I just received a jug of Bore Tech case cleaner, which I've heard a lot about. Reading the instructions it says to heat the mixture, which I had never heard mentioned before. Has anyone used it at room temperature? Does it still work? I would have to carry the hot mix downstairs to the basement, which would be at least a minor "pita" depending on how well the knee is working that day. I'm also thinking of using it with the steel pins I already have, which at first gasp seems it would work that much faster? Any thoughts on that idea?
Thanks!
Cheers,
crkckr

I've never used that one before, but if I did I would definitely experiment with straight out the bottle temp first, what's the worst that could happen?

Most Ultra-Sonic cleaners like the Lyman U-S cleaner I use, Actually heats the solution before it will begin the actual ultrasonic cleaning process. I heat water and check it with a thermometer before adding to the tank. Just to speed up the process. 70 C. or 160 F. is the temperature most solutions call for the best cleaning of cases and parts.

That's a little funny since Bore Tech, on their website says UltraSonic or rotary tumbler but on the directions on the bottle it just says US. All I have is a rotary so I'm hoping it works as well. I had some .44 mag cases that just came out of the tumbler that we're not quite as pretty as I like them so I mixed up a half gallon of the 'std' mix and just tossed the cases in a jar & shook them up a bit with the mix at room temp. It did shine them up quite a bit and they were only in there for just over 10 minutes, so I think this stuff is going to be a winner. I'll have to look around and find something I can put on the stove but not lose any mix clumping down the stairs.
Years ago, when I had my shop, I used to put a hot plate on medium under my big Tumbler tumbler (maybe 20 something inches long) and tumble loaded ammo in fresh corn cob grit to get lube off the cases. Never had a problem with the ammo during or after. I used to clean all my cases (sometimes a couple thousand at a time) before loafing in a cement mixer, with corn cob grit and Brasso, which weather permitting was shoved outside. That thing was loud! Did a heck of a job though, my ammo went out the door looking like new.
Cheers,
crkckr

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.