Bore scopes

Buy the one that connects to your smart phone by bluetooth. Then you have great resolution of images and can capture either stills or videos.
they all use a 1080p cmos with a 1mp resolution. so the resolution will not be "better" on a smartphone. it will trick your eye in to looking better yes, because smartphones usually have a better screen(oled, higher pixel density, etc) than most pc monitors or that handheld that teslong offers and youre looking at a smaller image.
but using a smartphone is a convinence factor with the wireless attachment. like my images were captured on my pc that i didnt have on the network. so the easy button is to use the borescope on the pc, then take a pic of that with my iphone, so instantly losing resolution and data there. so ill end up talking myself into also getting the wireless adapter ;)

if you havent noticed by now, im a career IT nerd and hobbyist photographer

I have a flexable Teslong and have used them for years. My biggest complaint is picture quality. IMHO it sucks. No amount of adjusting the mirror fixes it. I'd like to see some great quality pictures posted so that maybe we can determine which model of the teslong gives the best picture.

I have a flexable Teslong and have used them for years. My biggest complaint is picture quality. IMHO it sucks. No amount of adjusting the mirror fixes it. I'd like to see some great quality pictures posted so that maybe we can determine which model of the teslong gives the best picture.
my bet would be on the rigid pole models. you wont have that flex in the whole body with it. yes you can still move it side to side(it will have slop) but not as much as the flex rod. my issue is the lights keep dimming on me. i have to constantly keep my hand on the dimmer switch.
and as i said, they all use the exact same resolution. so the "slop" and how it slides in would be the variable. the older models are worse, 720p. i just dont see how in 2024 they havent bumped up the cmos to gather more data. even up to 2mp would double the data gathered. (the higher the mp, the more you can zoom in without pixelization. )

I too have an older Teslong and same problem.So I bought the new one(NTG450H) and it is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the older one.My old borescope is a NTS 150B model and with adjustments I can do ok with it but it's nothing like the new HD models.

my bet would be on the rigid pole models. you wont have that flex in the whole body with it. yes you can still move it side to side(it will have slop) but not as much as the flex rod. my issue is the lights keep dimming on me. i have to constantly keep my hand on the dimmer switch.
and as i said, they all use the exact same resolution. so the "slop" and how it slides in would be the variable. the older models are worse, 720p. i just dont see how in 2024 they havent bumped up the cmos to gather more data. even up to 2mp would double the data gathered. (the higher the mp, the more you can zoom in without pixelization. )
Go to their website and send them that recommendation!Sounds like a bit more expensive but way better,I would pay for BETTER!

Buy the one that connects to your smart phone by bluetooth. Then you have great resolution of images and can capture either stills or videos.
Yes, Teslong… used for a few years. You will soon find out what really cleans your barrel and what does not. Now it takes me about five minutes and I use less products than ever. cleaning without a horoscope is like shooting random powder charges to find groups and then saying your barrel doesn't like the powder. Blue tooth flexible version works for me. When I help a friend clean their barrel, I can send them home with a video. If you are smart enough to reload, you can figure out how to setup, focus, and use it. Or not….

I have two Teslongs, a rigid shaft that connects to a computer via usb cable. The other is Bluetooth flex cable, I like it better for several reasons. It's more versatile and mobile, all I need is my phone or tablet. Also it's long enough to go completely through my 28" rimfire barrels or to the breech plug on my 42" muzzleloader barrel. I've used it several times in the shop working on the hot rod.

I see no difference in image quality.

I bought the Teslong with the rigid rod and it came with 5 different caliber mirrors. 22 cal on up.
Man it has been an eye opener!!! I had a 223 that I thought must have gotten bad crown damage or just plain went to crap. It was almost a 1 hole gun in it's day. Long story short it just needed an abusive scrub down. LOL. First time I had truly went for a clean barrel. It had lots of carbon built up, and JB bore paste is what I used after a lot of copper remover. I used the blue JB and man it shined it up good. Nearest I can tell it wil sub MOA all day again.
I think I need to back the powder down though. Back 25 years ago I knew nothing about a barrel speeding up. So I found a one hole load in about three powder charges and have always shot that from the day it was new. Now I think backing it off might tighten it back up.

Anyway a rigid teslong WiFi to my apple phone is AWESOME!!!!