Borden Alpine pics

NICE, but then again everything Jim Borden makes is first class. My question is this? How clone like are these two great actions (borden and Stiller)? Will a rem trigger and bolt fit? I would love to buy one of each, but they must accept both the remington bolt and trigger without modifacations. I realize the actions are better then a stock remmy, but if you need a part or trigger, well I want to be able to get it without the worry of either of these actions being "no longer available".

Doug

As for the Stiller actions, they take Remington triggers. I can't say for sure but, I'd be really suprised if Jim Borden made his actions to take anything other than Remington style triggers.The bolts on all of the Predators that I have barreled look just like Rems. They are hard chromed with a "frosty" finish. I do like the ejection port modifications that Stiller made on his actions. Looks like a 6.5 x 284, with long bullets, will work through a short action.

Answer to your question on Triggers/Bolts for Jim Bordens actions - I know for sure that the Timberline (long action) will accept a Remington style trigger, as the one that I have ordered from Jim will have a Timney trigger (in the style of a Remington trigger - Jim indicated to me that he recommends Timney). FYI. Bolts, I have no idea about, but one of the primary reason I am ordering a Borden action is that it will be blueprinted/made by Jim.... so this is a moot point for me - I can see the validity of your concern though.

EZ

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.