boltface options on 7mm sendero

you can use any of the magnum calibers up through the Ultramags and Lapua's , or you can get a new bolt and have whatever you want.

[ QUOTE ]
What caliber options do I have w/ my 7mm rem mag once I burn the barrel?

[/ QUOTE ]

When my 7mm Rem. throat eroded, I was able to run a 7mm RUM reamer in and clean up the throat. Mind you, this won't give you the life of a new barrel, but will give you the chance to try the ultra without all the expense. I finally shot out my barrel and replaced it with a new one in 7 RUM.

A good smith can open it up and make it sized for the RUM's or even the 338 Lapua. Some smiths will open them for the Lapua and some wont. A really good smith can machine a ring and fuse it into the face for a standard 30-06 case also. Whether it gets bigger or smaller, it will require a sako style extractor. Otherwise you are stuck with a standard magnum. Ie: 300 winnie, 7mm Rem, 7 STW, 338 winnie ect...

It is typically better to start smaller and go bigger and not the other way around despite the fact that it can be done.

Shawn can turn the 7mm Sendero into a 338-300 EDGE with no problems. I am planning on doing the same with my rem 700 BDL in 7 RM when the barrel shoots out. It may be a couple years but oh well. My dad is going to get a 338-300 built off his rem 700 300 RUM, cant wait to start playing with it.

[ QUOTE ]
7mm STW - enough said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I plan on having my rechambered to. I was hoping to do it in Febuary but wil have to put it off untill early summer.

send me a pm when ready - I have some great 140 grain data at 3500 fps and some 160 grain stuff you'll like too

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.