Bolt lift click on tikka

Well the issue has been pretty much FIXED! Woohoo!! The rough chamber was causing the brass to flow into the rings and bind it up. The gunsmith pulled the barrel and hand reamed it. He said it isn't perfect but it's close enough! The only way it gets 100% is if I get a new barrel but with the money I have into this one we'll call it good for now.

He also noticed the threads were chattered worse than any thread job he's ever seen…oh and the barrel wasn't torqued on. The muzzle brake WAS indexed at 12oclock. Now it's like 11:30 The lettering on the barrel barely sticks out above the stock now as well 🤦🏻‍♂️ View attachment 341517View attachment 341518
Well sorry I was right but I'm glad you now have a working rifle. Time to have a "discussion" with the guy who did the original chambering and threading. Perhaps you need to introduce him to that new miracle invention, "oil"?

Well sorry I was right but I'm glad you now have a working rifle. Time to have a "discussion" with the guy who did the original chambering and threading. Perhaps you need to introduce him to that new miracle invention, "oil"?
He offered to take back the barrel. After I have 100 rounds of load development into it, a trip to the gunsmith, etc. I'm almost into this barrel the cost of a blank. I asked him to provide me with a blank and I'd pay to have it chambered, threaded, installed, etc and he hasn't responded.

I'm looking into small claims, even if I have to make the trek to Montana.

He offered to take back the barrel. After I have 100 rounds of load development into it, a trip to the gunsmith, etc. I'm almost into this barrel the cost of a blank. I asked him to provide me with a blank and I'd pay to have it chambered, threaded, installed, etc and he hasn't responded.

I'm looking into small claims, even if I have to make the trek to Montana.
I'd be really torn on the issue honestly.

I lean towards letting him replace it with a finished barrel just to give him the opportunity to make it right but at the same time after this debacle I wonder if I'd ever trust the barrel if he did so.

I'd be really torn on the issue honestly.

I lean towards letting him replace it with a finished barrel just to give him the opportunity to make it right but at the same time after this debacle I wonder if I'd ever trust the barrel if he did so.
Ding ding ding!

That's the main issue. He throated it .100" longer than we agreed upon, it took him 3 weeks to figure out how to even throat it, true story! He didn't torque the barrel, the threads are chattered, the chamber was the worst chamber my gunsmith had ever seen, including cheap factory guns, he didn't test the gun and sent it back to me as a single shot (even though he had dummy rounds).

The thought of letting him touch another gun I own makes my skin crawl!

Ding ding ding!

That's the main issue. He throated it .100" longer than we agreed upon, it took him 3 weeks to figure out how to even throat it, true story! He didn't torque the barrel, the threads are chattered, the chamber was the worst chamber my gunsmith had ever seen, including cheap factory guns, he didn't test the gun and sent it back to me as a single shot (even though he had dummy rounds).

The thought of letting him touch another gun I own makes my skin crawl!
Sorry you had that experience. You know the thing is, everyone makes mistakes, the problem here is that even a complete novice inspecting that work would know it looks bad even if they couldn't tell you why.

The failure to torque the bbl properly is a serious issue because it could have caused a catastrophic failure resulting in death or injury.

I can forgive a lot of things but when someone puts my life at risk they have just placed their own in my hands.

Sorry you had that experience. You know the thing is, everyone makes mistakes, the problem here is that even a complete novice inspecting that work would know it looks bad even if they couldn't tell you why.

The failure to torque the bbl properly is a serious issue because it could have caused a catastrophic failure resulting in death or injury.

I can forgive a lot of things but when someone puts my life at risk they have just placed their own in my hands.
Thanks again for all your help. You led me down the path I needed to go to correct the issue.

For those that have asked, the builder was Oregon Mountain Rifles, Lee, the owner built the rifle. Please feel free to PM me with specific questions about the issues I've had if you want more info.

Thanks LRH!!!!