Bolt lift click on tikka

I have the same bolt click issue in a fierce 28 nos using adg brass. I use redding dies and decided to talk to them about this. The tech guy told me they get a couple calls a week with a bolt click problem. I asked about them making a custom die, he said it would take approximately 1 1/2 years as they were back logged that far. So that option is out.
I have found out that fierce and Christiansen arms reams their chambers smaller for better accuracy using factory ammo and don't reccomend reloading for them.
Sounds like my chamber needs to be honed out some.
I will be following this thread to find out what is working to fix this problem.

I have the same bolt click issue in a fierce 28 nos using adg brass. I use redding dies and decided to talk to them about this. The tech guy told me they get a couple calls a week with a bolt click problem. I asked about them making a custom die, he said it would take approximately 1 1/2 years as they were back logged that far. So that option is out.
I have found out that fierce and Christiansen arms reams their chambers smaller for better accuracy using factory ammo and don't reccomend reloading for them.
I will be following this thread to find out what is working to fix this problem.
Whidden will make you a die usually in a few months!

Last time I talked to Hornady about custom dies the wait time was only about 45 days or so. If that's the route I'd call Hornady. I have a couple of sets of their custom dies and couldn't be happier.

Instead of trying to source custom dies in our current markets, it would be much faster to have the chamber polished opening up the base portion a couple thou.
It isn't just about the die, it is the size relationship between the chamber and the die. If you can't fix the die sode of the equation you open the chamber up a couple thou to where the die will size down enough to work with no issues.

Jay, sorry for not getting back sooner.
The redding tech I talked to didn't know if a custom die would or could fix the problem. Telling me a 1 1/2 year wait for custom dies was basically like saying go away, in my mind anyway.
I finally found some factory ammo that fierce said shot the .5 moa they guarantee in my rifle so will give it a try when the weather/wind permits. Still a bummer though finding a problem like this with a high dollar rifle and not able to reload effectively.
Wildrose, will give hornady a call along with whidden to hear what they have to say.
Longbomber, my smith thinks it's a bolt timing issue and is having a hard time believing it's caused by a chamber/brass sizing problem but I will see if he can hone the chamber out. That is if the factory ammo dosen't work. It might take both honing and custom dies to make this work depending on the situation.
Thanks, guys

Jay, sorry for not getting back sooner.
The redding tech I talked to didn't know if a custom die would or could fix the problem. Telling me a 1 1/2 year wait for custom dies was basically like saying go away, in my mind anyway.
I finally found some factory ammo that fierce said shot the .5 moa they guarantee in my rifle so will give it a try when the weather/wind permits. Still a bummer though finding a problem like this with a high dollar rifle and not able to reload effectively.
Wildrose, will give hornady a call along with whidden to hear what they have to say.
Longbomber, my smith thinks it's a bolt timing issue and is having a hard time believing it's caused by a chamber/brass sizing problem but I will see if he can hone the chamber out. That is if the factory ammo dosen't work. It might take both honing and custom dies to make this work depending on the situation.
Thanks, guys
If you want custom dies I can't recommend Hornady enough and the wait times are a small fraction of what Redding is quoting.

I've had good experience but very limited with Whiddon but I have heard from others of several issues with customer service.

Well the issue has been pretty much FIXED! Woohoo!! The rough chamber was causing the brass to flow into the rings and bind it up. The gunsmith pulled the barrel and hand reamed it. He said it isn't perfect but it's close enough! The only way it gets 100% is if I get a new barrel but with the money I have into this one we'll call it good for now.

He also noticed the threads were chattered worse than any thread job he's ever seen…oh and the barrel wasn't torqued on. The muzzle brake WAS indexed at 12oclock. Now it's like 11:30 The lettering on the barrel barely sticks out above the stock now as well 🤦🏻‍♂️
1EB30890-328D-474E-BDFA-201E515962D9.jpeg
82B95FD2-9B39-4459-98AF-989892AE9808.jpeg

What's the thread on your brake? 5/8-24, if it it's I have some paper thin shims left over from my Surefire brakes I use with my Suppressors. I can send you some that should take care of the alignment issue.

What's the thread on your brake? 5/8-24, if it it's I have some paper thin shims left over from my Surefire brakes I use with my Suppressors. I can send you some that should take care of the alignment issue.
Very nice offer. Luckily I only use it with my thunderbeast suppressor screwed on, so I don't even notice it. I'm anal, but as long as it's hidden I'll pretend it's perfect! 😝