BOG “Deathgrip” Tri-Pod anyone?

looking at buying one of these for coyote hunting. Black stands out though... was wondering if anyone has painted theirs and whether or not that would affect the ease of sliding the legs in and out (or prevent it)

IMO, black is better than the highly visible red they put on some of there other sticks. I've been looking for sticks and Bog is one of the best designed series out there.

sounds good Deputy . yes , I'd be right there with the grandson so it shouldn't be a problem . appreciate the reply , and happy new years .Jim
Awwww, he should be fine then. According to the bathroom scale it weighs just a little over 9 lbs. This thing is a tank for sure and takes some 'adult hand-torque' to tighten everything down real well. Hope you and the Grandson can have some fun with one! ;)

IMO, black is better than the highly visible red they put on some of there other sticks. I've been looking for sticks and Bog is one of the best designed series out there.

I'm planning to buy a tripod setup for shooting my precision rifles but I figured grabbing a light weight tripod that I could use in the field for coyote hunting/glassing would fit the bill. The bogpod models that allow use of their "Switcheroo" components seems like a sweet little setup. I want light weight since when I head out coyote hunting, im carrying cushion seat, rifle, call, and even sometimes a coyote decoy. This can be a lot to haul out when trying to remain stealthy.

I've also looked at just buying a CF tripod from amazon from a reputable company and using all arca swiss (being as that's the interface I'll use on the other tripod.)

Sorry for hijacking the post OP!

View attachment 152521 View attachment 152520

https://www.boghunt.com/gear/pods-a...hgrip-tripod/1099442.html#q=deathgrip&start=1

Hey all! I picked up one of these at Cabela's the other day and want to know if any of you guys have/use one and what do you think about it? Bad or good...doesn't matter. Let's hear it!
I seen these advertised and thought they would be great ! I then went to a local gun shop to get a pound of IMR 4831 and they had a gun set up in one of them, so I got on the gun and tested it for movement, not a whole lot but some, that rules it out for me as far as a good rest for long range, should be great for an X-bow or a shotgun or rifle at closer ranges . I like all of the adjustments it has, but for long range shooting you need a stone wall movement out of your rest .

View attachment 152521 View attachment 152520

https://www.boghunt.com/gear/pods-a...hgrip-tripod/1099442.html#q=deathgrip&start=1

Hey all! I picked up one of these at Cabela's the other day and want to know if any of you guys have/use one and what do you think about it? Bad or good...doesn't matter. Let's hear it!
I seen these advertised and thought they would be great ! I then went to a local gun shop to get a pound of IMR 4831 and they had a gun set up in one of them, so I got on the gun and tested it for movement, not a whole lot but some, that rules it out for me as far as a good rest for long range, should be great for an X-bow or a shotgun or rifle at closer ranges . I like all of the adjustments it has, but for long range shooting you need a stone wall movement out of your rest .

I like all of the adjustments it has, but for long range shooting you need a stone wall movement out of your rest .
It is great for X-bow...I killed a deer using the BOG just this past season. I've also played with it out to 200 yards with rifles and had no problems, but it won't provide for benchrest-grade accuracy that's for sure.

It is great for X-bow...I killed a deer using the BOG just this past season. I've also played with it out to 200 yards with rifles and had no problems, but it won't provide for benchrest-grade accuracy that's for sure.
I used a mono for the front and the side of a tree, to steady my 300 Mag. for two kills over 200 yards this past season, and I would say the Bog could have helped me make those shots without the use of the tree to stop the side to side movement. But I was talking it wouldn't be as good for the longer shots, 500 and out. But still I like the configuration, and I think the one I saw was mostly made of plastic, and a metal one should surely be a bit more stable and increase the range. Great for a quick rest for a shoulder gun.

I don't have that one I have a hog saddle and a carbon bipod. That one looked heavy.
The the clamp part metal or composite?
Any chance you could weigh it?
My hog saddle is super heavy but my tripod is light.
Looking for a different tripod also that has snap locks instead of twist. Takes forever when you are trying to set up quick.

That one looked heavy.
The the clamp part metal or composite?
Any chance you could weigh it?
Okay....so my bathroom scale says it's an even 8 lbs. the saddle is all metal with rubber on the inside to protect your stock when you clamp it down. The legs have 'snap-locks' and there are spikes on the bottoms of the 3 feet.

I have the carbon fiber version of the death grip. I can hold 1moa to 700 with this bipod without issue. One thing that is really nice is I can move the legs out to 85 degrees allowing me to shoot prone as the saddle is only 7.5" off the ground.

I'll have to weigh mine but I'm sure it is much lighter. The saddle itself I'm sure is not as it's constructed the same. That is very cool it goes prone also. That's more a tripod function though and something one of my carbon ones does.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.