BOG “Deathgrip” Tri-Pod anyone?

Deputy819

FFDC6EE6-FB67-4D46-B59A-B8383CCBC7F3.jpeg
B4967CA4-D24E-4080-8EDB-47054B6C8D6A.jpeg

https://www.boghunt.com/gear/pods-a...hgrip-tripod/1099442.html#q=deathgrip&start=1

Hey all! I picked up one of these at Cabela's the other day and want to know if any of you guys have/use one and what do you think about it? Bad or good...doesn't matter. Let's hear it!

I haven't fired a rifle shot with it yet. (used it on a crossbow hunt yesterday and it worked great) This is the aluminum model. It's got ALL KINDS of adjustment...360 degree pan, forward/backward cant, spiked feet, bubble level and accommodates standing, kneeling and prone shooting positions. It locks "dang tight" onto whatever you put in its jaws. Really the only drawback I might see is the weight? It's pretty heavy, but I like it!

I'm tagging in. I am about to do a deer hunt from a ground blind, was looking at shooting sticks, this might be an alternative to the sticks as I don't know what to buy for shooting sticks either??

I'm tagging in. I am about to do a deer hunt from a ground blind, was looking at shooting sticks, this might be an alternative to the sticks as I don't know what to buy for shooting sticks either??

Well, I can tell you that this thing is rock-solid steady. I never could get comfortable/ shoot worth a darn off of sticks.

Well, I can tell you that this thing is rock-solid steady. I never could get comfortable/ shoot worth a darn off of sticks.

The ad says that it can be used from kneeling to standing, so....it ought to work from sitting in a chair? Have you tried this from a chair/bench, I don't know the exact setup this outfitter has, however usually there is a molded, plastic chair to sit in.

looking at buying one of these for coyote hunting. Black stands out though... was wondering if anyone has painted theirs and whether or not that would affect the ease of sliding the legs in and out (or prevent it)

Deputy819 , are you still liking it ? I'm in the market for something like this too . I hunted from a ground blind this year and this would have been very handy . I'm also getting a 6 year old grandson started shooting . do you think it's kid friendly ? thanks Jim

Deputy819 , are you still liking it ? I'm in the market for something like this too . I hunted from a ground blind this year and this would have been very handy . I'm also getting a 6 year old grandson started shooting . do you think it's kid friendly ? thanks Jim
Hey Jim! Yes Sir, I'm still liking this thing pretty well actually. I've even used it for cleaning my rifles...works great! Really, the only downside I've found is the weight of it (aluminum model)..but if it's not gonna be packed around then the weight doesn't really matter in my opinion. Would definitely be useful in a ground blind. Is it 'kid friendly'? It would probably require some supervision/help with someone as young as 6. The ergonomics of it might be just a bit over the top for someone that young.
does this allow use of the "switcheroo" components?
Not sure exactly what those are and I haven't painted it or altered it in any way. Sorry I couldn't help you more there :confused:.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts