Boar Hunt pic

Jinx

Boar.jpg
I finally managed to uypload apicture. This is a hunt we had last year in South Africa. We only shot 3 ussually it is more.
hermanstrydom

We got together abou 8 guys at five with one elderly guy who uses dogs to fluch out the pigs which stay in the corn.

We surrounded a large corn field and sent in the dogs. The middle hog which is a boar came charging out about 10 feet from me. The gun I am holding is a Marlin 35 Remington, loaded with 220 grain Sierra tips. The boar did not get very far. The sow (right hand side) was a combined effort. She came charging out and hit the wire fence which surrounded the corn field, this gave 3 guys time to compose themselves and take her down.

The left front one was the greatest challnge. After we finished in the corn we went into a watle jungle. It is so dense you cant see further than 10 meters. The dogs picked it up quite fast and it took of. Me and one friend gave chase from behind while the other tried to cut it off. It went full circle and lost the dogs. We thought it was far ahead of us listening to the dogs when we saw the white mane between the trees stopping at intervals and looking around. It went down with a single shot to the shoulder.

Was great fun.:D

The sows make good eatin, but these boars were taken by the guy who had the hounds. He sells it to the locals in his area to cover his costs of the dogs. He is 62 years of age and there are only a few people who can keep up with him. When asked why does he hunt every saturday hogs his reply is "Other men play gholf on saturdays he hunts".

The hunt took place about 15 miles form where I live(find on map).:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.