Blast or paint

ofdscooby

I'm putting together a 7mm mag on a stiller action with a Bartlin barrel I'm not set up for bead blasting or Cerakote but I have done some Dura-coating. What's the best route to go and why?

I have experience with all 3. Matte black ceracoat on a stiller predator 300 wsm. It was sprayed on super thick, looked great, and super tough. It seemed impervious to scratches. I had a bead blasted stainless barrel on a custom rem 700 7 mag. I can't speak for durability but the color scheme just bothered me. Black reciever, green stock, stainless barrel (petty i know). I thought it looked hideous. So I had it duracoated matte black. I currently have 3 rifles duracoated matte black. It's a simplier process, tough, protects the firearm, BUT not as durable as ceracoat. It scratches easier, but touch up is rather simple. It's all up to you. I don't think you'll be disappointed in any route you choose.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.