BiPod Information and Choice

Here's my choice: Evolution Bipod!
Light weight carbon fiber legs in assorted sizes.
I put picatinny rail on my rifle forearms and use this one bipod on all. I change legs as needed, prone, sitting or kneeling. I think this is the best hunting bipod on the market.

Attachments

• 20220208_180525.jpg
    20220208_180525.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 45
  • 20220208_180702.jpg
    20220208_180702.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 51
  • 20220208_184019.jpg
    20220208_184019.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 57
Been using the Javelin Lite (standard) for hunting the last couple of seasons and love it. Been carrying a Harris bi-pod on my rifle for years and hate the weight and bulk. The Javelin doesn't fold forward so you don't carry it on the rifle while walking. If you can utilize a bi-pod for a shot it snaps in with a magnet super fast, if you have it handy. If you want adjustable legs there are other models as well. All of these bi-pods are crazy lite!

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the reply's! What are your thoughts on the leg operation between the atlas vs the evolution bipods. I have read some that the operation of the atlas is better? Thoughts on this. I am leaning toward the evolution. I am really only looking for one set up legs to start and trying to determine what size to to start with?

Thank you again!

Here's my choice: Evolution Bipod!
Light weight carbon fiber legs in assorted sizes.
I put picatinny rail on my rifle forearms and use this one bipod on all. I change legs as needed, prone, sitting or kneeling. I think this is the best hunting bipod on the market.
Thank you everyone for the reply's! What are your thoughts on the leg operation between the atlas vs the evolution bipods. I have read some that the operation of the atlas is better? Thoughts on this. I am leaning toward the evolution. I am really only looking for one set up legs to start and trying to determine what size to to start with?

Thank you again!

Thank you again!
The Atlas and the Evolution are two completely different ways to do the same thing, sort of. Each has it's pro's and con's, so it's up to the user to decide what he wants to do and choose the one that does it best. As far as how they function, the Atlas is solid and dependable, but is heavier and not capable of extended heights.
If you do not need to use it for higher positions, the atlas will work well.
The Evo is lighter, and can be easily extended with extra carbon fiber legs that can be easily packed and exchanged or even stacked as neccessary. I bought mine specifically for this functionality, to give me sitting, kneeling and alternative position capability. Bear in mind my main rifle is a heavy 22 lbs, and the Evo's extended legs work with this rifle and give me a competitive edge, helping me setup quickly for alternative positions. In my opinion hunting is where the Evo will out perform any other bipod.
I have the 8-11 med probe, 12-19 med length, and 22-29 inch extra long legs. (Did not photo on rifle)
For one set of legs on a hunting rifle I would recommend the tall prone 10-14 inch legs.
For the next set possibly the 8-11 inch. They can be stacked. Here are some photos I just took.
If you have questions Bryce Bergen at Evolution bipod will help you.

20220611_174725.jpg
20220611_173206.jpg
20220611_173259.jpg
20220611_173425.jpg
20220611_173551.jpg

The Atlas and the Evolution are two completely different ways to do the same thing, sort of. Each has it's pro's and con's, so it's up to the user to decide what he wants to do and choose the one that does it best. As far as how they function, the Atlas is solid and dependable, but is heavier and not capable of extended heights.
If you do not need to use it for higher positions, the atlas will work well.
The Evo is lighter, and can be easily extended with extra carbon fiber legs that can be easily packed and exchanged or even stacked as neccessary. I bought mine specifically for this functionality, to give me sitting, kneeling and alternative position capability. Bear in mind my main rifle is a heavy 22 lbs, and the Evo's extended legs work with this rifle and give me a competitive edge, helping me setup quickly for alternative positions. In my opinion hunting is where the Evo will out perform any other bipod.
I have the 8-11 med probe, 12-19 med length, and 22-29 inch extra long legs. (Did not photo on rifle)
For one set of legs on a hunting rifle I would recommend the tall prone 10-14 inch legs.
For the next set possibly the 8-11 inch. They can be stacked. Here are some photos I just took.
If you have questions Bryce Bergen at Evolution bipod will help you.

View attachment 371416View attachment 371417View attachment 371418View attachment 371419View attachment 371420
Good morning Dragoon300 thank you very very much for the photos and explanation. If you don't mind can you speak about the differences of of function. Of course I have been reading and researching and it seems like hunters state that the use of the atlas in the shooting position is easier to operate? I am assuming they are in a prone position and speaking about adjustments? I have been trying to find videos of the evolution in operation in a shooting position however I am coming up blank. The bipod that I will be purchasing will be strictly for hunting purposes. I have always used a tree or homemade shooting stick however after last years elk hunt I need to have something with more stability for longer ranges. I appreciate your time and response in regards to both brands function as I am trying to understand. I know the evo is spring loaded and you can buy all the different leg lengths and tips. The Atlas you buy a set height with tips and or a 3 inch extension. Most of my shooting that I have done has either been from a sitting or standing position however started practicing in prone with I like (feel more solid) which is why I am concerned however height. You had mentioned going with the 10 to 14 inch legs, as height is another decision that I am trying to make as I am wondering if there is an option that would work in a prone and or sitting position. Than you so much again for the information!

I use a Atlas, no extensions been happy with it.But if you want more options Id go Evo. Ive had mine hunting 11 years and used other/Harris. I shot a bull over 500+ with a snipe pod sitting,ultra light but they are not that robust.This year I missed a nice bear off a double backpack shot at 600+,bummed me out, maybe evolution,Id made shot.Shot felt good, later I shot one at 412y,single pack with my atlas.Mines on belt pouch hunting

HARRIS non can't 13-23 smooth leg. Weighs 16 oz and will be able to use in all areas. Short Bipods can't see above grass, up hill, down hill, sitting, etc etc.
I like a bipod I can instantly put in use and shoot prone to sitting. I Don't need a bipod out to about 200yds

Good morning Dragoon300 thank you very very much for the photos and explanation. If you don't mind can you speak about the differences of of function. Of course I have been reading and researching and it seems like hunters state that the use of the atlas in the shooting position is easier to operate? I am assuming they are in a prone position and speaking about adjustments? I have been trying to find videos of the evolution in operation in a shooting position however I am coming up blank. The bipod that I will be purchasing will be strictly for hunting purposes. I have always used a tree or homemade shooting stick however after last years elk hunt I need to have something with more stability for longer ranges. I appreciate your time and response in regards to both brands function as I am trying to understand. I know the evo is spring loaded and you can buy all the different leg lengths and tips. The Atlas you buy a set height with tips and or a 3 inch extension. Most of my shooting that I have done has either been from a sitting or standing position however started practicing in prone with I like (feel more solid) which is why I am concerned however height. You had mentioned going with the 10 to 14 inch legs, as height is another decision that I am trying to make as I am wondering if there is an option that would work in a prone and or sitting position. Than you so much again for the information!
Extending and retracting the legs on the atlas may be more intuitive as you can grip the leg and release the lock with one hand while moving it. The Evo releases in the oposet direction and is better done with both hands in my opinion.
That said, knowing the height you normally use for prone, just set it before going to the ground. As I said before though, I bought the Evo because of the interchangeable and stackable legs. This capability is more than worth the differences of manipulation to me. If you only use it prone get the atlas, or better yet an Elite Iron Revolution bipod, much better than an atlas, but it can't do what the Evo does either when it comes to the legs!