Bipod info needed

Thought I would share photos of a Modular Evolution carbon fiber bipod with 3 sets of legs and spike feet.
6.5" to 9.5"
13" to 21"
21.5" to 29.5"
All have QD ends that allow stacking them, and attaching the spike feet. Note photo showing 33" of elevation with all 3 sets attached. There is still up to 19" of extention available. I have used this bipod on an STI 2011 pistol to my 21 lb Desert Tech SRS in competition. It is pricey, but is light weight and excellent quality.
20220208_180525.jpg
20220208_184019.jpg
20220208_184144.jpg

Wow! The above will blow the budget. It's never ending on the things you can spend big $$$ on. About the time you like what you have something else is offered that makes you think you need it. If I was competing, maybe I could justify chasing the cool high end stuff. For now my old Harris is working just fine.

Have a Harris, medium height, mounted on factory wood stocked Remington 788, on the swivel stud. Hated it!!! Buzzed and vibrated with every shot. Groups not good. Took it off, and groups settled down. I did a lot of experimenting and could never make it work. It is buried in my gun room somewhere!!! I have a couple I bought at a gun show, from the gent that made them. Don't recall his name, and have not seen him in years. Good chance he passed through the pearly gates as a lot of time has passed, and he was older back then,

Thought I would share photos of a Modular Evolution carbon fiber bipod with 3 sets of legs and spike feet.
6.5" to 9.5"
13" to 21"
21.5" to 29.5"
All have QD ends that allow stacking them, and attaching the spike feet. Note photo showing 33" of elevation with all 3 sets attached. There is still up to 19" of extention available. I have used this bipod on an STI 2011 pistol to my 21 lb Desert Tech SRS in competition. It is pricey, but is light weight and excellent quality.View attachment 339440View attachment 339441View attachment 339443
looks nice

Wildrose: what have you added to your Harris to optimize its function?
Nothing. I have a couple of them with the adjustable legs that can be set with a screw and that has been all I needed.

I don't do a whole lot of shooting with the bipods these days but I did nail a really big sow using one of them last week at a lasered 794 yards two weeks ago so it seems they still work.

I have one of this model.

And another that's proably 15 years old if not more that doesn't have the swivel but has the smooth, "self leveling" legs.

I did have a tall one for shooting in a sitting position like this one but gave it to a friend in SD many years ago. As far as I know he's still shooting with it.

These were great hunting in short prairie grass and sage.

These are not the high end of bipods by any means and you probably won't see them at any LR competition shoots but for my purposes and the way I hunt they've been great.

Last edited: