Bipod

jm8960

Remington 700, glass bedded laminate stock, Leupold VXI 3-9X40

Around here I am firing at a maximum of 200 yards, and I usually sight in at roughly 115. Here is my question; in some places I have the ability to use a bipod (which I really like, I can make a well placed shot and have no doubts when i pull the trigger) but sometimes a sling is more fitting. If I sight it in using a bipod will my POI change when switching to sling, or vise versa? Just starting out and trying to get my head on straight about all this! Thanks in advance

Some people will say different shooting positions while using a bipod will change the POI...

So it stands to reason that they would think a totally different set-up would change the POI.

That said...
I don't use a bipod, but I do shoot in every shooting position I can fathom; I don't see a POI change from one shot to another.

I simply make sure the fore-end is rested on something, (hand, log, fence,) foward of the trigger guard. If shooting prone, the rear will either be rested on a beanbag or hand, at or near the strap swivel.

I think you'll find that most people will not report a change in POI.

Last edited by a moderator:
1/2 moa at 955? I think I am a ok! I just needed some reassurance! Rezeroing is not a problem, I just wanted to know whether or not I would have an issue when in the field. Upon setting up in the woods I may have on a bipod, by lunch time see no movement and decide to walk, bipod goes in pack sling goes on. Firing at basically a maximum of 100 yards I don't feel like I have much to worry about now. I would e much more concerned if I was set up for another power line cut but I am not worried about changing in the woods. Thanks for your time!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.