biggest deer to date

avfromvt

Well biggest body weight deer I have killed some bigger racks. We have a 3500 acre plot in the mountains of VT. Not seeing but one deer the first two days left me more than discouraged. The winter kill was terrible last winter. These are big mountain deer and are not that plentiful to begin with. The average buck taken in our area is between 115lb-150lbs, a VT trophy deer is 110 inch buck. If you hunt where I hunt you can only hope for something over 100 inches. Anyways the third day of rifle I called this deer in and made a 100 yard shot through some seriously thick beech whips. Was shooting federal premium 165gr sierra soft points out of my 30-06. The buck dressed out 201 lbs.

adamdeer2011.jpg

Trophy status always has to be localized and personalized, and threading a bullet through brush is precision shooting. Well done! Thanks for the picture.

I am ready for muzzle-loader season to start to see what else is up in those mountains. It is extremely beautiful area to hunt the only thing that would make it more beautiful is a bunch of deer. The mountain bucks are a different breed of whitetail, can't wait to chase them again.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.