Wyoming deer tag draw date

Thanks I have been hunting around Thermopolis and its so different from these South Georgia swamps that I live in, I really look forward to it. Thanks again for the info I thought the draw date was around July first but was hoping it was June, knowing you got drawn is a big part of it.b
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . hhi8041

The 30th is the latest day they will have the results available. Last year is was around the 19th or 20th I believe. Not sure why someone who lives in Wyoming would need a region tag?

We hunt in zone/region A outside of Hulett. I can not wait to go back! I have not gone every year, however, the guys I go with have drawn the last 6 years. This will be my third trip!

The 30th is the latest day they will have the results available. Last year is was around the 19th or 20th I believe. Not sure why someone who lives in Wyoming would need a region tag?

***He didn't say he needed a Region G tag. He just said that's where he's going to hunt and it's probably with a General tag that he can use to hunt there and a lot of other areas.

Please tell me more about how my home state that I live, and hunt in works. I had no idea about these general tags that you speak of(sarcasm intended).

Please tell me more about how my home state that I live, and hunt in works. I had no idea about these general tags that you speak of(sarcasm intended).

***I saw you live in Wyoming, so you're a lucky devil and I would hope you know the system because it's relatively simple (sarcasm intended). Therefore, in case anyone reading doesn't know what I meant I'll give a brief explanation. A resident of Wyoming can buy a general deer and/or general elk tag and hunt all over the state in any unit that isn't considered limited quota only, whereas a nonresident has to apply for a Region deer tag or for one LQ unit. They also have to apply for a LQ elk unit or a general tag that allows them to hunt a number of units throughout the state that aren't LQ units. Neither a resident or nonresident may hunt any LQ unit unless they possess a tag that is good only in that unit. Triple BB stated that he hunted Region G last year and when he says he can't wait this year may mean he's in the draw for a LQ unit or just can't wait until the seasons themselves get here. I generally go to Wyoming for 4 to 10 weeks every Fall since I retired in 2002. I started going out there most every year in 1992 so I do know just a little bit about how things work. Hope you have a good Fall and do well if you're in any draws!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.