Biggest buck to date - Ohio gun season

I use Lil'Gun in the 450's I load for, and I seem to get a bit more velocity with it, and 3/4" groups @100 is more the norm than rarity. As far as Parker bullets, I use the same bullet in my muzzleloader. Great bullets, but there's 2 different bullets you'll probably consider. The ballistic extreme and the black Max's. My daughter shot her first buck with the 250 grain ballistic extreme. At about 25 yards, the bullet completely came apart. Killed the buck tho. Last year I switched to the black max, and shot a pretty decent 8 point quartering to me at about 50 yards. It flipped that deer over on his back, and was dead right there. One hole in, one hole out. The black Max's are a much stouter bullet. I'm very happy with how they work. And btw, I went to the 300 grain black max. Expensive, but way worth it.
Very good to know. 300gr black max is what it will be. Plus might have to target lil gun. Appreciate it!

Very good to know. 300gr black max is what it will be. Plus might have to target lil gun. Appreciate it!
No problem. You'll like them Black Max's. That's all I shoot in my muzzleloader and 450. Great, great bullets. And Bob Parker is just the nicest guy you could ever imagine talking to.

F
Got my biggest buck to date on Monday evening this week (Ohio gun season). He came out with 13 does broadside shot at 50 yards. Used my ruger 450 BM, working to start reloading but for this hunt Hornady black did the trick. Only mod so far is a timney trigger upgrade. For a stock gun no complaints it has been good to me - groups well and have been able to take a few deer with it over the years. Love seeing the shared success on here thought I'd share as well.View attachment 317291
Fine buck by any standards👌🏻👌🏻