Big 338’s

So I just picked up a bat igniter action, I have a manner LRH stock and NF 2-25 ATACR. but thinking I might order a foundation Revelation. And either a Bartlein heavy palma 28" barrels or the sendero. I plan on using 300 gr berger with n570 .
My big question is do I build a 338 lapua imp or do the 338 terminator? This will be a hunting rifle. And built as what I call a landing rifle. That does not go far for the truck maybe a mile or so hike to over look big country.
I ran a 338 LM Improved "reaper" from lane precision rifles. It was a 30" Bartline barrel. 3050 fps ish with the 300 gr Berger EH. It was heavy on my 10 mile + days of hiking so when I rebarreled I put a 30" proof cambered in 33XC. The reaper was extremely easy to get 1/2 MOA loads for, and the 1/2 MOA stayed true for quite long ranges. Other than for forming the brass and weight of the build, it was ideal. I think it lost 3 lbs going to the plastic tube.

It was a WR IN 2000 YRD bench, think in 2019, I had a picture on my phone but can't find right now I use to shoot archery league with record setting bench rest shooters in my area.Alex know these guys, as he was one also.I shot with Steve on here, from Hammer also.We bugled each other in one day long ago archery hunting.When the woods where full of bulls Found picture was a 3 target aggregate

Last edited: