Bias in the ELR Central reporting of the "World Record Event"?

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
I am sure if they talked to anyone there the 2011 yard record would have come up.
I talked to someone at the event and that is the 1st thing that came up. Pretty big detail to leave out.
That and Nate had the balls and skills to go to 1768 right out of the box while others started at 1500(which I do not consider ELR)
Starting to see your point Fred
I'm not sure if it would matter to me the range.
If they would have broke the 1000 yard record, the shooters deserve notoriety. Even if they broke the 100 record, they should be recognized.

@royinidaho I think now is the most interesting time in this, everyone is still shaking things out with regards to equipment which is what I enjoy the most. Most guys I know prepping for these matches are shooting different things super fun to see where different guys are going with their builds!! The next couple years is going to be fun!!
I agree!
When these events are held, I just wanna know what everyone used.

The guy shooting the factory Sendero 7mm STW that tied "super champ" Paul Phillips with his 40lb monstrosity of a rifle should be the guy getting his name in the headlines! And of course Nate also!

The guy shooting the factory Sendero 7mm STW that tied "super champ" Paul Phillips with his 40lb monstrosity of a rifle should be the guy getting his name in the headlines! And of course Nate also!
I heard it was a custom STW made in PA I believe maybe Virginia.

At this range the guy who knows his gun and has his ballistics nailed will put hits on. To me the wheels fall of in the 26-2800 yard range for the smaller cals and where the bigger capacities will really start to be fun!

Not what ive read from people that know him. Shooting a 195gr Berger too...he doesn't even need custom one off prototype bullets like some others do...lol
He said in the video. "Remington 700 built by Smith Custom guns in Warne PA, Super Sniper scope".
Funny how stories become myths with just a few words used.

In the video interview John Armstrong himself says he is shooting a Rem 700 in 7 STW built by Smith's Custom Guns in Warren PA.

Sorry about that gohring3006, I should have refreshed before I posted.

I'm not sure if it would matter to me the range.
If they would have broke the 1000 yard record, the shooters deserve notoriety. Even if they broke the 100 record, they should be recognized.

Everyone that broke a record should be recognized for it. To leave out THE record is a bit weird. Kind of the whole reason this event took place is to set the current ELR C world record. That record is 2011 yards.
Things will get real hard from here on out. Next time you will have to start at 2022 yards and the hits will suffer.
Nice to have a new standard to go for.

I am one of those intrigued by the new competition and hope to compete in it in the near future. I am beyond just dreaming and am maybe 6 weeks away from a specialized big bore build that should be competitive. Whether or not I am is a different story!

Since I m one of the many in the East that cannot currently prepare for these distances. I realize the difficulty in acquiring an east coast suitable site, but would like to know if there are any places being considered where maybe 1 week training/practive sessions would be possible and feasible for the expense and time spent.

If there are no takers on this, let it be known I am available for either adoption or as a long term shooting companion for some lucky westerner.

@bigngreen I have a similar spot out by Atomic City, Big Southern Butte. Portable gongs (bring 'em home each session) set every 100 yards to 1K. Then natural targets at some hellaschious distances.

Me thinks there's enough local interest to have some fun shoot days and some serious competition in our neck of the woods.

Isn't shooting suppose to be fun? Figuring out biases doesn't sound fun. It sounds stressful.

I personally believe the writer didn't have the event sorted out perfectly in his head, that's about it. I can figure out who the record holder is from the article.

Its not like the guy is writing for CNN or fox....

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.