BH 209

Rilow

Got a question for you muzzleloader, I've been shooting triple seven pellets in my TC bone collector and got some blackthorn 209 coming that I want to try. If I'm shooting 100 grn of triple 7 what should I start with of the BH or what is equal by volume? Thanks for any info

Got a question for you muzzleloader, I've been shooting triple seven pellets in my TC bone collector and got some blackthorn 209 coming that I want to try. If I'm shooting 100 grn of triple 7 what should I start with of the BH or what is equal by volume? Thanks for any info

Read the information here: http://www.blackhorn209.com/

Blackhorn 209 is more energetic and 120grs VOLUME is a maximum charge.

Most TC rifles shoot really well with between 100 and 110grs VOLUME. Most rifles with the right sabot/bullet combination shoot 110grs volume very well.
You do not use dedicated muzzleloader primers, such as those you'd use shooting pellets. Many prefer CCI209M or Federal 209A magnum primers. Although some have no problems with just a WIN209.
You'll need to put a 1/8" drill bit in your box. The drill bit is used to clean the carbon from the flash channel... BY HAND.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts