Beware Of "Power Reloads"

Anyone else ever get scammed by "Power Reloads" ?

• Scammer, Thief, Crook

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

PapaWilly

All you reloaders out there, please don't make the same mistake I did. A website called "Power Reloads" advertises powder and primers at reasonable prices.
They also show they have it all in stock ! When they ask for payment via PayPal, they instruct you to pay under "friends and family". Well, for a rookie like me, I was unaware of the fact that you cannot dispute money sent that way ! So no product ever made it my way or shipping tracking info either ! This is just a "heads up" so hopefully nobody else gets scammed like ME .
When you go to pay, the person's name on it comes up JORDAN CERVANTES !

Popwilly: Sorry you got stung. Here is some unsolicited advice:

Rule 1. Never, ever order from a website using paypal friends and family. However, if you are buying from someone on this website, who has a good messages/seller history, you are good to go. Check the seller feedback forum.
Rule 2. If something is too good to be true it is!
Rule 3. If you are unsure, ask on this website. Someone/everyone will provide guidance. LOL

Scammers are coming out of the woodwork. We need to post a suspected vendor on this forum for feedback "before" making a purchase. No feedback/comments no purchase. Buying local is the safest and will support your LGS. Sorry for your unfortunate experience.

Popwilly: Sorry you got stung. Here is some unsolicited advice:

Rule 1. Never, ever order from a website using paypal friends and family. However, if you are buying from someone on this website, who has a good messages/seller history, you are good to go. Check the seller feedback forum.
Rule 2. If something is too good to be true it is!
Rule 3. If you are unsure, ask on this website. Someone/everyone will provide guidance. LOL
You forgot 4. If they have items in stock or reasonable prices no one else has....immediate scam!

You forgot 4. If they have items in stock or reasonable prices no one else has....immediate scam!
And #5. Try calling their phone #..its a bot managed voicemail by Google. You will be hard pressed to speak with anyone. All of the above smells of a scam.

You don't need to check with anyone if you do a simple test upfront first.

-Check to see if they accept credit cards. None of the scammers do.

-Add some outrageous amount of product to your cart, like 100 lbs of powder (1 lb containers).

-Partially checkout. They will ask for payment by Bitcoin or similar and Paypal, no credit cards.

-When these payment selection come up, simply empty your cart and delete the website. Now you know.

I do this frequently when checking sites I'm not familiar with. Takes about 1 minute.

:)

These forms of payment should be an immediate tip off. Legitimate businesses allow credit card payments.