Beveling flashholes-primer side

Supertrucker

I read an article where the guy did the normal flashhole debur and then he beveled the flashhole entry on the primer side. This actually forces the flash to funnel into the flashhole easier and improved his E.S.

Does anyone here do this and if so, what tool is used for this?

Was it the 7mm wsm article on 6mmbr.com?

I do this, but very slightly. After you deprime and run the primer uniformer with the drill to get rid of the carbon you will usually remove some brass so this removes the previous chamfer. I do this before every loading, but only slightly. I have found that after a couple reloads a primer hole if left uncleaned will have build up in it so I use the flash hole deburring tool and just stick it in the hole and twist a couple times to make the hole perfectly round again and add a slight chamfer.

Was it the 7mm wsm article on 6mmbr.com?

I do this, but very slightly. After you deprime and run the primer uniformer with the drill to get rid of the carbon you will usually remove some brass so this removes the previous chamfer. I do this before every loading, but only slightly. I have found that after a couple reloads a primer hole if left uncleaned will have build up in it so I use the flash hole deburring tool and just stick it in the hole and twist a couple times to make the hole perfectly round again and add a slight chamfer.

Yes, that was the article. My flash hole debur tool (Sinclair) won't fit into the primer pocket. What tool are you using?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.