Better powders for short barrels?...

WSMDRT

So got my 700 pistol action and a few cut down barrels I'm trying out. I have printed and compared pistol and rifle data from hodgdon site and front and back of Hornady manual. I'm not chasing crazy numbers just trying to find accurate loads. Are there better powders for short barrels aka less fireball or more efficient?
I have a 243, 7mm-08, and 308 barrels cut to ~14" to try.
Powders I have:
Varget
H4350
Hybrid 100v
CFE223
H1000
Retumbo
Staball 6.5

Thanks for any help

i have the Remington 7400 Carbine 30-06 and it is a real flame thrower. Drives guys off the range. So, I went to 4198 and that cut down the flame considerably.

The .243 you may be better off trying a lighter faster bullet able to be pushed by faster burn rate powder. My friend is playing with a 10" .243 and working with the lighter hammer. Bigger bullets take longer to get moving and tend to need slower powders and longer barrel. I would think out of what you have varget may be the best fastest on burn chart and will push those bullets

Nice good to know the velocity #s for staball in 7mm08 are impressive if real world and can achieve accuracy. I have a 18" 7mm08 to try also in 7mm-08 so I'll have some data to compare to 14" with same load.

So got my 700 pistol action and a few cut down barrels I'm trying out. I have printed and compared pistol and rifle data from hodgdon site and front and back of Hornady manual. I'm not chasing crazy numbers just trying to find accurate loads. Are there better powders for short barrels aka less fireball or more efficient?
I have a 243, 7mm-08, and 308 barrels cut to ~14" to try.
Powders I have:
Varget
H4350
Hybrid 100v
CFE223
H1000
Retumbo
Staball 6.5

Thanks for any help
CFE BLK, RE7, Accurate 1680, and throw in Leverevolution and let me know on that one. I just bought a pound of it because it was available and wondering on it's performance in short barrel 308 bullets