• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Best tactical hunting stock Rem 700 LA

338RUML

So I am looking for opinions on the best tactical/hunting stock for my rem 700 LA mag sporter contour considering a McMillan A5 or a bell and Carlson of some kind. I would prefer something lighter in weight for hunting but still something stable and comfortable to lay down and take long shots. Thanks in advance!

Manners EH1 hands down exactly what you are looking for
An A5 is heavy

Manners EH1 hands down exactly what you are looking for
An A5 is heavy

Thanks! I had not seen those before I am definitely considering them. Just have to stomach the price of these stocks Haha.

Manners EH1 is tops, however, if money is an issue look at the new stockys stocks LR stock with chassis system. On sale now for $199.

The EH1 and stocks have same basic configuration but the EH1 is lighter.

Only couple colors but can be painted or dipped.

Manners EH1 is tops, however, if money is an issue look at the new stockys stocks LR stock with chassis system. On sale now for $199.

The EH1 and stocks have same basic configuration but the EH1 is lighter.

Only couple colors but can be painted or dipped.

thanks! Are these stockys LRC stocks comfortable? Are they made from stiff quality material? Would I feel like I bought a cheep rip off, if I went with it? Also what's your opinion on the 3.5lbs weight compared to 28oz

338RUML,

I just received one of the Stocky's LRC700 stocks today and it does not feel like a cheap flimsy stock by no means. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but it feels comfortable to me. Seems like a stiff well built stock to me and I guess time will tell. 10 below zero now but it's suppose to warm up to around 20 degrees this weekend so maybe I will get to shoot it and see how it does. It will be put on 338 RUM.

I have never owned a McMillian or Manners so can't give a comparison for reference.