Best Set of Rings/Bases to buy

bwitty72

OK I just got a Rem LSS LH in 300RUM. Put it in an HS precision stock(bedded), switching the Barrel to a Sendero SF II with an APA brake and bought a Swarovski AV 6-18x50 scope. Now I am wanting to know what the best rings/bases to get are. Ive always used Leopold's but want to make sure whatever I get will handle the recoil of the rifle etc and not mess up the scope. I feel I have a decent setup(hopefully) and want rings/bases of better quality.

Thanks!

Mark 4 if you like leupold. Night force alum. have tit. cross bolts.A picatinni type rail probably 20moa. I really like the Seeking ring sold on this site, uses all the same torx screws and a little more streamlined looking than a 1/2 nut sticking out. I like alum. rings.

I was just going to start a thread asking the same...........

I really like Burris Signature rings/bases for a std. hunting set up. But looking for a little more beef!

Not to hijack but does anyone have any info on Optilock rings used with a Picatinny rail ????

Bill

I recently bought a couple Seekins 20 MOA bases and I am absolutely impressed. The cost a bit more than other aluminum alloy bases, but they are very high quality. I am probably going to purchase a set of matching rings to give them a try.

There are a ton of options out there. You would be more than fine if you pick any good quality base and rings. Look at Nightforce, Talley, Seekins, Near, Farrell, Badger, Murphy's, etc. Any of these would be fantastic.

Will the Seekins 1" low rings provide enough height to get my swaro AV 6-18x50 scope over a Sendero SFII contour barrel?

I run 2 different lows and clear 50, but the base design is a factor also, some are thicker.

Im using Near Manufacturing rail with Badger Max 50s.... 1 inch wide with 6x 8x40 Torx screws per mount..... Rail and mount $375.00. expensive but rock solid.

Attachments

• badger-ordnance-34mm-max-50-10-alloy-ring-set-p-n-306-78.jpg
    badger-ordnance-34mm-max-50-10-alloy-ring-set-p-n-306-78.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 80
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.