Best Scope Under $1000

MN Hunter

Looking for some input. I'm having a 338 rum being built. If my budget allowed I would buy a Nightforce NXS 3.5x15 with zero stop. However $1600+ is a little much. What is the best scope for under $1,000. I like the 3.5x15 or 4.5x14 magnification range. Any suggestions?

I don't know if their the best or not , but I've been very pleased with the Zeiss Conquest(6.5x20 and 4.5x14). Also worth a close look is the Clearidge Ultra XP5(2.5x12.5 or 4.5x22.5) , not quite in the Conquest league but pretty darn close.

Chris

I just recieved my brand new 6.5-20x50 Vortex Viper in Mil-Dot. It was less than $500 delivered from Paul at elknut.com he has the best prices on vortex optics on the net. I haven't got it mounted on my gun yet, but so far looks great. If your not familure with Vortex optics they have a life time transferable warrenty, so it doesn't matter who bought it, if it breaks they will fix it forever. And they are based out of Wisconsin.

I also have a couple 4-12x40 diamondbacks, they are the next step down from the vipers. They are clearer than a VX-II and burris FF2 that I've owned.

I dont know where you live but Gander Mtn has Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x40 LR on sale for $479 and the 6.5-20x40 LR is also $479. I just bought a 6.5-20x40 LR yesterday for a 300RUM build I have going on right now. I think that is a great price for a wonderful scope. Hope that helps.

LEUPOLDVXIII.jpg

I love this Leupold 4.5x14x40, 30mm, SF,Varminter Reticle

VarmintRetical.jpg

I would suggest a strong look at the new Sightron S3, 6-24x with 100 MOA of elevation and target knobs. User tests are showing clearer glass than 'NF, clicks almost as good and price is under $800 shipped from most dealers.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.