Best Rifle Sling for those that walk a lot. IMO

I`m interested in the Slogan sling, just wondering if I should get the 1 1/2 in. model, wonder if it`s worth it.

I bought the standard Slogan Sling for my Weatherby Mk V in .340 Wby. It weighs 10.5 pounds with sling, and loaded with four cartridges. It is perfect, and I wouldn't trade it for any other sling. Perfect comfort, stays put on your shoulder, and you can loop one strap over your head to the other shoulder for a "backpack" style carry when you have to climb up a steep incline.

I bought the standard Slogan Sling for my Weatherby Mk V in .340 Wby. It weighs 10.5 pounds with sling, and loaded with four cartridges. It is perfect, and I wouldn't trade it for any other sling. Perfect comfort, stays put on your shoulder, and you can loop one strap over your head to the other shoulder for a "backpack" style carry when you have to climb up a steep incline.

Yup it's absolutely, positively the BEST sling on the market.

THe Slogan Outdoors sling is a very nice product. It is very grippy and doesn't rubber-band stretch.

However, when i got mine last year it smelled horrible - sort of mold-smelling.

I tried everything i could think of and even posted a question thread here:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f61/rifle-sling-smell-155791/

I e-mailed a couple times and even called, but *never* managed to speak to anyone.

Their Customer Service sucks ballz. I have never experienced a complete lack of response by a vendor or retailer - ever - except by the Slogan Outdoors folks.

I definitely would not buy from them again. The sling is nice now that i got the odor neutralized, but i'm fairly sure there are functional equivalents that would provide assistance/support of their product - Safari Sling et al.

As for Slogan Outdoors - _____ 'em.

THe Slogan Outdoors sling is a very nice product. It is very grippy and doesn't rubber-band stretch.

However, when i got mine last year it smelled horrible - sort of mold-smelling.

I tried everything i could think of and even posted a question thread here:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f61/rifle-sling-smell-155791/

I e-mailed a couple times and even called, but *never* managed to speak to anyone.

Their Customer Service sucks ballz. I have never experienced a complete lack of response by a vendor or retailer - ever - except by the Slogan Outdoors folks.

I definitely would not buy from them again. The sling is nice now that i got the odor neutralized, but i'm fairly sure there are functional equivalents that would provide assistance/support of their product - Safari Sling et al.

As for Slogan Outdoors - _____ 'em.

What did you do to neutralize the odor?

What did you do to neutralize the odor?

It was a long process.

I used vinegar and soaked for a few days. Let it dry completely.

Then rubbed baking soda into it - i stretched the sling to help get the baking soda into the surface.

I scrubbed it - using a baking soda paste.

I let it hang out side from my deck for a couple weeks.

Soaked it in vinegar a few more times and then let it sit in a bag of baking soda.

I still has a faint smell of mildew, but not too bad and likely to not affect elk at a distance.

I'll never buy another one.

I'm looking for a sling for long range shooting, something to enhance long range accuracy and carry as well.
Any updates?

I was issued a Tactical Intervention sling with the shooting cuff on it several years back, may be worth a try.
This year before my Colorado elk hunting trip I ordered a Kifaru gun bearer, I'm sold! It carried even my 25 pound .408 really well on my Mystery Ranch pack.

Hard to tell from the website. Can you change the swivels to pushbutton style? I have flush cups on my stock.

If you are referring to the Slogan sling (and I know this is a several months late): I don't see why not, I just changed mine to some quick detach swivels.

If you are referring to the Slogan sling (and I know this is a several months late): I don't see why not, I just changed mine to some quick detach swivels.[/QUOTE]

I just changed the swivels on my Slogan Sling to Talon TOC 1.25 inch stainless steel swivels (I didn't care for the plastic ones with the screw). They are excellent, and have a life-time guarantee. I drew a diagram of how the strap loops around the swivels to reinstall. I also went to the website, and looked at the picture to make sure I put it back on correctly.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.