Best Rifle Sling for those that walk a lot. IMO

been using Safari slings for years,front carry in grizz country and hands free glassing and climbing.Have about 6

I use a sling called the 'Wyoming split sling'. I don't believe they are made anymore unfortunately. You can use it like a 'regular' sling on your shoulder or in 'split' mode by putting it on your back like a backpack. Best of both worlds. Thankfully, I have 3.

I use the Kifaru Gun Bearer for backcountry hunting. Still need a handy sling for antelope hunting so I'll check out the Slogan.

I have also used a Slogan for years, was on a 16 pound rifle and now a 24 pounder...we shall see how it does.

Another safari sling user here (for a few years). Other than when crawling in grass country (antelope) I've not wanted for anything different.

I always found shoulder slings pulled unevenly on my body and it would wear on me during the day faster than having the sling cross body.

After literally dozens different type slings. I have personally found oneI'm happy with. Not happy with the price, but the performance is wonderful"for me."

Tab Gear Biathlon Elite. I like the shooting cuff system and with the paddedshoulder strap is even comfortable to sling in without a glove. Forconventionally slung rifles the straps allow enough adjustment so the riflerides flat against the back, with side-mounted flush cups it's not an issue atall. 1 and 1/4 inch sling swivels is all you need, and the cobra buckles allowfor quick exit from the system. My rifle weighs 13.5 pounds with conventionallymounted sling swivels.

It is a big sling as slings go, but walking on flat ground with a cottont-shirt for approximately 5 miles on flat ground, (I live in the desert) NOdiscomfort which is more than I can say with any other sling system. I'm doneand unless something radically new hits the market, I have "finally"found the sling that works "for me."

I`m interested in the Slogan sling, just wondering if I should get the 1 1/2 in. model, wonder if it`s worth it.

I`m interested in the Slogan sling, just wondering if I should get the 1 1/2 in. model, wonder if it`s worth it.

How heavy is your rifle?
I only use the wide Magnum model with my Remington Sendero. All my usual field weight rifles get the standard sling.

I actually bought the standard sling for a lightweight Tikka T3 7mm-08, but I have had it on my (much heavier) CZ 550 American in 9.3x62. It works just fine on both rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.