best rifle sling/carrier

This is what I use, very accessible, can't fall off your shoulder. Puts all the weight onto your pack (rather than just one shoulder).

https://store.kifaru.net/mobile/gun-bearers-p30.aspx
Hello, looked at this system and it looks to be a fair setup. But for me, putting something under my arm like this swings in my way and bangs on me. I guess I am big and clumsy : )
I like this item also for walking.
https://www.blackovis.com/stone-glacier-weapon-sling

I like the Stone Glacier rifle carrier. It works great with both my SG pack and my Mystery Ranch pintler. The pack carries the weight of the gun and when you need it it's in your hands in seconds. It's faster than getting a rifle out of an Eberlestock even.
Yes I like there line-up of rifle and pack gear. I enjoy carrying my rifle secure to my pack. Even in a scabbard if it's rough weather.

As I have gotten older i now am using waking sticks more often during hunts. Cant seem to find a rifle sling that fits with a daypack and allows me to use walking sticks. Rifle kept sliding off my shoulder when using the sticks. buddy had a sling that clipped to his pack strap and had a "cup" that held the rifle stock. seemed to work ok. any ideas. thx
All my rifles and shot guns are dressed with Slogan Outdoors slings, IMO, the best sling on the planet.

As I have gotten older i now am using waking sticks more often during hunts. Cant seem to find a rifle sling that fits with a daypack and allows me to use walking sticks. Rifle kept sliding off my shoulder when using the sticks. buddy had a sling that clipped to his pack strap and had a "cup" that held the rifle stock. seemed to work ok. any ideas. thx
22 1/2 lb AI folder carried for years in a gunslinger 11,3 day pack works good when sheep hunting

Sew a 1 1/2 inch button on the shoulder strap of your pack .

I've always used military type with keepers. But age has also caught up to me and have considered using walking sticks. I must admit that Kifaru looks slick. Is it fast to deploy your rifle? Does it allow for a sling to still be attached for slinging up while firing?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.