rifle sling

trueblue

What rifle slings are you guys using for your hunting rifle ? I am looking for something that will give me a stable shooting position if an offhand shot is presented, if not enough time to set up to shoot off a bipod.

Trueblue
I'm trying to remember the name of a sling that was made in texas and possibly had texas --- in the name -can't find it in a search.
The sling lets you carry the rifle kind of like a guitar -hanging over your shoulder w/ the gun riding down and across your stomach.
It kind of hangs onto the side of the gun keeping it laying flat against you.
I plan on getting one -providing i can find it and providing it doesn't look like it would not be usable w/a backpack on..
Good luck in your search.-ME

Trueblue
It kind of hangs onto the side of the gun keeping it laying flat against you.

Unfortunately it doesn't make the gun laying flat on your back. Would have been very cool, but it carries the gun the ordenary way, has however nice extra features. I dunno if it is possible at all without the sling screws being mounted on the side of the stock and forend anyway. Then it would look rather ugly... so I dunno...

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.