best powder for reloading 308.

I've got a Tikka with a fat 20" tube, so it's not a true short barrel. Though Varget has eluded me thus far, maybe half a dozen powders have been experimented with. 150 grain to 165 grain bullets. My favorites so far (most fav. on top):

CFE223
IMR4166
IMR4895
H380

There are others I tinkered with, but the four listed have a) reasonable availability, and b) good accuracy.

Just visited Bass Pro in Charlotte and what a shame for the lack of ALL shooting supplies. I picked up a box of Barnes TTSX BT in 130 grain. Gonna try to see how they group.
I use 130 grain Barnes and have great luck half inch groups at 100 yards with 49.3 grains varget out of my 308 with 26 inch barrel 11.25 twist 5R average velocity 3250 ft per also good substitute for varget is IMR 4166 with same load it is just a little slower. Works great on deer dropped four with no issues.

I use 130 grain Barnes and have great luck half inch groups at 100 yards with 49.3 grains varget out of my 308 with 26 inch barrel 11.25 twist 5R average velocity 3250 ft per also good substitute for varget is IMR 4166 with same load it is just a little slower. Works great on deer dropped four with no issues.
I also shoot the Barnes 130 TTSX. While I couldn't get my rifle to shoot great with Varget, it does shoot sub .5moa @ 400yds with a healthy dose of 8208XBR. That little bullet just SHOOTS.

If your new to reloading, I would suggest viewing this thread: https://www.nosler.com/load-data/caliber-and-cartridge-data.html, Nosler Load Data. Nosler manufactures bullets and brass for reloading and has no bias towards powder brands or variety. They test all brands of bowder for almost all calibers.
What I have seen in all calibers the best performing powders vary significantly with the GUN MANUFACTURER. get on the web site I posted and check out the 308 caliber for yourself. Powder recommendations run the gauntlet of powder manufacturers in .308 caliber.

I've owned several .308's over the years never had one that didn'tl like H4895. Other powders that work well are.
CFE223
200 MR
TAC
Big Game
BLC2
The .308 is very easy to please. Find an available powder,get an 8 lb. Jug and lots of primers and go out and enjoy it. Replace barrel and repeat.

I have loaded some 168TMK with RL15 and some with Varget, for M70, but have yet to test them
Any suggestions for AR-10 20inch and FAL 20inch? (First is DI, second is piston)