best low recoil long range cartride in 7mm and plus

I used to have 7mm Rem Mag and sure, it did kick hard.
I think the rifle was too light to handle the magnum caliber.

Try finding a rifle around 10 to 11 lbs and the recoil will be a bit less.

My choice is 284 Win. It is very good cartridge and it will shoot almost any animals on the mountains.

My vote is for a 7 SAUM. My rifle is nothing special other than a bedding job, tuned trigger, and handloads. It shoots bugholes with 150 SMK's and with an R3 pad I don't feel a thing.

Reuben

nice sugestion guys. l might consider this one for a new rifle. and as l dont live in USA it is a widely available cartridge. l will be mostly useing something like this for stalking and hunting up to maximum 400 yards. but because lm gonna shoot wild boar and ibex l still dont think the 7x57 drop em dead on the spot. lm concerned of this because the mountaines reagon l live at makes tracking animals a mountain climb. so l think l might concider the 30-06 as my non magnum gun. what do you think about this.

Dropping them dead on the spot will be more a matter of shot placement than anything else. Disrupt the central nervous system and animals will drop like a rock, with a lung shot there is always a chance they will run a while before they die. The 7x57 will do what you ask if you put your bullet in the right place.

Bob

I guess it depends on what you call long range and the purpose. For low recoil it's tough to beat a 7-08 and it's fine on paper to 1000 and a bit more though not as easily as others I would not hunt it that far but you should be fine on deer out to 600 plus. If you want to o further a braked 280 or 284 is tough to beat.

7-08
I have 2 of them. One a merkel K3 single shot and a Cooper M54.
Highly accurate, mild shooting (even in the super light merkel) and effective out past 500 on deer.
SnT

.284 win, its been winning a lot of long range matches lately, i can testify to the cartridge's accuracy.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.