best long range 50 bullet for 300y

Ring

CVA wolf
I have white hots and 777 pellets

Just ordered 45 hornady 350gr fpb

Looking for something that is accurate, and will still expand at the lower velocities at 300 yards

Ive got some powerbelt acculight 300 grainers and some 300g fpbs im gunna try outa my cva wolf this weekend if i can get home....planned on sendin a few out to 250-300 yards to see how they act....

depending on weather, i want to hit the range this weekend... with the hornady 350gr fpb, i should still be at 1100 to 1300fps at 300y
that should be plenty as long as they are accurate..

got to the range today to sight in and group test at 100y and crono

2 white hots and the 350 FPB was 1400fps in my CVA wolf, 1.2" @ 100y groups 7x scope from a bipod prone

3 white hots was 1700fps, but not as accurate

3 triple 7's was 1830fps but accuracy was ****... 6 or 7" @ 100y

didnt test 2 t'7s

also need to get some 300gr FPB's to test

painted it...

I made it home friday but never made it out to shoot any saturday and am in Chicago now...
hopefully next weekend i can tell ya about the 300g aerolites and the 300g fpb

On edit, how easy/hard didthe Fpbs load?

starting is hard,pushing was easy... after 5 shots, the last inch was hard as well

That makes sence as the rifling has to etch the bullet when starting. Did you have any trouble with the tips getting stuck in the rod?

i will be cleaning tween shots to sight in the way it will be shot when hunting, clean cold bore.. i may end up trying a combo of the three bullets i have, one for cold clean bore, one for warm/cold dirty follow up.... just depends how im feelin...

Good deal.....btw how did you keep your bipod tight? Im considering drilling a hole and putting a real stud in mine as i cant keep mine tight....

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.