Best group of my LIFE! 0.291" ... at 708 yards!

CB11WYO

No joke... 3 consecutive shots at 708 yards measuring 0.291" ctc!!! :D

I went out to burn up the last 5 rounds of ammo I had for my 6mm x 47 Lapua before I started the reloading cylce. I threw 2 rounds at my 525 yard gong and then put the last 3 on the 708 yard gong, and the results were ridiculous! Thank goodness I have an AmmoCam LR target camera so I got to watch it unfold shot by shot. Unbelievable!

Check out the video follow-up I did, including the AmmoCam shot progression:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUJ0cWN8Dp4

This gun has always been my best shooter (pic in my signature is the same rifle's 3 shot group at 950 yards).

Sorry I couldn't try for a 5 (or more) shot group... I was out of ammo!

On a sidenote, as you can see in the video, the little baby 20 BR didn't do too bad for itself either... 2.550" at 708 yards ain't bad for a lil' 20 cal!

It'll be a while before I do better than that... that's like 0.04 MOA!! :cool:

Attachments

• Record Group.jpg
    Record Group.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Bullsyeye3.jpg
    Bullsyeye3.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Bullseye2.jpg
    Bullseye2.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 103
Great shooting. Congratulations. If it was me I'd put the rifle up and never shoot it again for fear I'd screw up.

Very nice I would love to shoot a group like that but it would ruin me I'd put the guns up hang the target in the man cave and never shoot again. Did you by a lottery ticket that day?

Nod bad at all...:D My best group last year was .300" at 200 yards with my 35 whelen, of all things. Plenty of 1/4 moa groups, but no group went well under .1 moa like that group of yours...

I have had many, many groups like that!! BUT...that **** second and third shots always seem to screw things up!! :D

Awesome group. The bad thing about that group, though, is that you can't fold it up and carry it around with you in your wallet to show your friends!!!

It's really too bad you pulled that last shot....lol....you really had something special going....:D

Congrats, I hope you took a picture and framed it....nice toy that shot manager, never seen one before...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.