best coyote attractor that moves

Call me a tight wad or cheap skate, but most of the time I use a small dowel rod with a couple feathers tied on or a squirrel tail on that same dowel mounted on a small spring so it points up. Either way, with a very mild breeze they will each move enough to make a coyote curious.

I won't say that the above mentioned thought never crossed my mind, but I've never seen it through to fruition.

When I was younger I did take one of our chickens and tie it up on a stake with about a 10' "leash". Didn't get a coyote, but I didn't get in trouble from Dad either, so it was all good.:D

wasgas, I hope my wife don't see this! Your address isn't in here, is it?

Yeah I knew I would catch hell for it but could not resist, however I'd bet it works well at least once. I have been known to pick off a rabbit on the way in and it seems to work well.

I have managed go get a few dogs to come in to, the baby kitten in destress and house cat in distress ,that i had put on my foxpro.I thought they would work a lot better though.Mabey they would come in more, if there were more around,mange has taken its tool on them here in central neb,the last couple of years,but on the bright side ive seen a lot more foxes lately.

I use this one Product Listing Predator Decoy
It's light works without wind and it gets your attention and coyotes too.
I had one come in the Sunday after Christmas from behind (wasn't supposed to come from downwind ;-)) ) running full bore for the decoy and didn't even see me all camoed up and ran right into my back, knocking off my hat and getting my adrenaline flowing.
Here is a little video I took of it.
Coyotes :: decoy video by yotefever - Photobucket

I would say if your willing to carry a little big decoy a coyote hide draped over my back with a foam cone in the face and a weasel ball hanging from the mouth. This mimics a coyote that has caught a rabbit which is the sound I use. Coyote yip and distressed rabbit. I have many scared yote come in slow but come in with this one. I had a coyote try to play with it about 10' from me one time. Another time I had a coyote try to run me over when I was laying next to it, my hunting buddy shot it just be for it got there.
This decoy straps to my pack and the weasel ball goes in side and it only cost a $10
Eric

Coyotes respond differently in different parts of the country. But in our neck of the woods (or desert) a big aggressive moving decoy scares as many coyotes off as it brings in. The MOJO Critter works great and is one of the best buys out there. But, you did ask what the best decoy is and I would say the FOXPRO Jack Attack may be the best one going. At $99 they aren't the cheapest but it has a remote or can be operated from your FOXPRO remote if you use a cable. The main features that seperate it from the MOJO are that it has a slow speed and you can also stop it if you want to. I'm going to try a piece of black cloth on the woodpecker wand to simulate a crow. I think it's going to be deadly.

I would recommend the Foxpro Jack In the Box. It is a little bigger then some but it just works. I have heard good and bad on the Mojo Critter. They had some issues with the stake breaking off in hard ground. They were trying to get this issue fixed though.

Forgive me because iam gona spell this guys name wrong,but Fred ikler on preaditor nation promotes one that is sold at gandet muntain,its a lot like the critter getter though but come with a 100 yard remote control

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.