Best bullet for 300 Weatherby Backcountry Ti (Elk Hunting)

lindeymike

Just purchased a 300 Weatherby Mark V Backcountry Ti rifle. Anyone have any experience/opinion on the best factory load to try with that gun? Going to primarily use it for elk hunting and was curious if anyone likes the Barnes 180-grain TSX or the Nosler 200-grain AccuBond. Have heard good things about the Swift 180-grain Scirocco II but wanted to see if anyone has thoughts. Thanks!

I have one accumark set up for Barnes 180 TSX, .4" at 200 yards. I have one set up with 200 Accubind set up with 1/2" @ 100 yards. First is with IMR7828 second with RL 22

Just purchased a 300 Weatherby Mark V Backcountry Ti rifle. Anyone have any experience/opinion on the best factory load to try with that gun? Going to primarily use it for elk hunting and was curious if anyone likes the Barnes 180-grain TSX or the Nosler 200-grain AccuBond. Have heard good things about the Swift 180-grain Scirocco II but wanted to see if anyone has thoughts. Thanks!
HSM (https://hsmammunition.com/trophy-gold/) has ammo loaded with 168, 185, 210 Berger VLDs,

All are great bullets and don't forget the original and still one of the best PARTITION.

Welcome to LRH from another Minnesotan Lindeymike! How far are you comfortable shooting at elk? If you are looking at 600 yards and closer the options are nearly endless. The 180 TTSX, 180 Scirocco, and 200 Accubond would be great choices and will kill elk all day long.
Hey! Thank you for the welcome. Definitely would be looking 600yrds or closer. Don't forsee the need to go longer than that, but if you have suggestions for something, I am all ears. thanks for the help!

Hi, I have tested 180 gr Nosler accubonds on elk out to five hundred yards ,more than once ,with my 300 weatherby mag , with the great results .
I have also tested 180 gr Nosler ballistic tips on elk ,out to 425 yards, with great results.
Hope this helps .