Best binoculars for whitetail hunting in Bama for $500 or less

scottchavers

Hey guys,
New to the site and impressed with the knowledge. I hunt deer in Alabama 4 months a yr. and need a good set on binocs. I seem to be a guide these days for my crazed 7 yr old hunter. Binocs would help. Budget is under $500. All the info on this site is great but confusing. Heard Pentax 10x42or43 are good for around $450. Open to suggestions. I was thinking about 8x42 or 10x42 based on what I have learned here.
Thanks in advance <font color="blue"> </font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Get yourself a set of Nikon Monarch 8x42mm and don't look back. You won't find better glass for the price your talking. I'm sure Lerch will have something to say on this as well. He just bought a pair this year and they have really impressed both of us.

Sniper 2 and me are originally from Alabama.

Hope you are a tide fan and not a tractor driver.

If you are a tractor driver, then I am sorry for your loss.

I am in much the same boat as you and need to get some good optics.

Here is a really good post on binoculars by Jeff

Jeffbird

Bamahunter I live in northeast bama.Bought a pair of leupold wind river pinnacles 10x42 at the begining of hunting season.I realy like alot. best price I could find was at (riflescopes.com) $398.00 Free shiping &amp; handling. ROLL TIDE. Ramp

Bama,

Year before last I was looking for a pair of good glasses and did extensive research on them. I had 4 of the top recommended ones priced and was ready to order. Then they opened up a Gander Mtn close enough to go check them all out. I did a side by side comparison of them all and walked out with two pair of the Nikons for the same money as one pair of the others.

THey were, to my eyes, clearer and sharper than any of the others. They also were completely waterproof and not just water resistant, which also helped make up my mind. I got the 8X and 10X and my daughter and I both have enjoyed the decision every since.

Do yourself a favor if you can find a place which carries several brands. Go and have a looksee for yourself. In the end it will be your eyes looking through them and they will indeed let you know which ones to get.

Nikon Monarch 8X42 for me too. I looked at the Pentax but they were bigger and heavier. I have used these nikons to view objects at very long distance. Very nice glass.

also, for even less money but again, bulkier, the new Nikon EX extreme porro binos. A 12X50 is my new big eyes. Amazing field of view and clarity/resolution that make very expensive glass shake their heads.

Jerry

Check out the new Leupold Katmai. The 8X are excellent for the money (just over $300 ). Size and weight are hard to beat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.