Best big boar atv

You can't beat the Can Am Outlander 800/1000. I have ridden most brands. No contest.

As far as mounting your firearm, I sling mine over my back, so no help here. The market place is FULL of choices.

Tod

I almost got a nice 6 point whitetail on my 700 Raptor once. He was in full velvet. But I think I would have been hurting as much as he would have been. I was going pretty fast. I had a Go Pro on my helmet but when I reviewed the video, you couldn't see anything except me dropping my head really fast and then hear me swearing a few choice words.

On a more serious note, not sure if you will be buying new or used. But get one with fuel injection, independent rear suspension, and the ability to lock the diffs.

Yamaha and Honda are always my first Go-To in the motosports world. And I have owned many different motorized toys. I currently have 2 Yamahas and 1 Can Am. The Can Am is nice but it has some weird problems I haven't been able to resolve. The problems go away and then come back. I did get it used, but it only had 10 hours on it. And the plastic body panels all cracked around the mounting screws. It had to be just from the vibrations of riding because they were not over tighten.

If your not set on 700cc, i would take a look at the new honda rubicon 500. Its got IRS, full differential lock, and has honda's reputation for long lasting ATV's.

I still use my 1988 honda 300 4x4, it hauled 4 elk this year, still starts like the day it was new.

Any ATV of mine will have Honda stamped on it. Not the biggest, fastest, nor does it have all the flashy gimmicks but it won't leave you walking out of the woods like most of the others. I value reliability above all else and in my ATV experience that means Honda. A distant second would be Yamaha, all others are way down the list.

Honda doesn't make a 700, they do make the Rincon which is a 680 and would be what I'd choose if I had to have a big ATV. Yamaha makes a 700 grizzly which would be my second choice.

Yamaha makes a 700 grizzly which would be my second choice.

I completely agree.

My Dad has the grizzly and I would be lying if I said I never got jealous of it sometimes. It's an awesome machine in every way.

I've never ridden an ATV with power steering, but I've always assumed that was kind of gimmicky. I could be wrong though. I often am.

I've never ridden an ATV with power steering, but I've always assumed that was kind of gimmicky. I could be wrong though. I often am.

My current ATV has power steering. I will never buy another ATV without power steering, it is absolutely the best thing since sliced bread. It really cuts down on the effort to steer and makes riding a lot less fatiguing.

I love the power steering and would never, ever consider one without it since I've had mine.

Any ATV of mine will have Honda stamped on it. Not the biggest, fastest, nor does it have all the flashy gimmicks but it won't leave you walking out of the woods like most of the others. I value reliability above all else and in my ATV experience that means Honda. A distant second would be Yamaha, all others are way down the list.

Honda doesn't make a 700, they do make the Rincon which is a 680 and would be what I'd choose if I had to have a big ATV. Yamaha makes a 700 grizzly which would be my second choice.

I had an 03 Rincon 650 back in high school... It swam like a hammer and would frame-out VERY easily...And it had 28" ITP 589's on it.

Before that, we bought my old 2000 Yamaha Wolverine 350 that I've modded over time. We got it used in 2001, so I've pretty much been it's only owner. It has 26" Mud Machine tires on it. It will go ****-near anywhere, but is so light and small that it doesn't have the weight to really tow a lot or use it for work or utility. It also doesn't have a lot of room to tote stuff. This quad is a tank, and we still have it. I don't think I could ever part with it, as reliable as it has been.

A few years back bought a used 2009 Can-Am Outty 800R... Dude completely screwed me over and sold me a pile of junk (not the bike's fault). First time out, it crapped the bed, and sat in my yard for most of the last 2 years. For the last month, it has been at my buddy's shop getting diagnosed and repaired. Ran like a beast before it crapped-out. It should run even better when I get it back.

I completely agree.

Power steering is the best thing to happen to the ATV since they added the forth wheel!!!! Power steering is a no brainer!!!

Tod

I've never ridden an ATV with power steering, but I've always assumed that was kind of gimmicky.
While technology has improved...It still kind of is. Not to mention that it's expensive as holy hell if it tears up...

It could be beneficial to someone who is older, elderly, disabled, or a woman. But I'm none of those things...So, for me i'll just tough it out like I have my whole life. Never had power steering, probably never will, as long as I have the option.

Just my $0.02...

Well I will be the odd ball here. I bought a new LT250EF Suzuki back in 1985 for $1800. The next year they came out with the first 4 wheel drive.The only thing I have had to do to it is put batteries, a starter, brakes and tires on it. She still runs just as good as when it was new. It is a chain drive it has the original chain on it. I have only had to adjust it once and that was two years ago. The sprockets are showing wear but are still Ok. The chain and sprockets are enclosed and I have kept them oiled with chainsaw bar oil. I do take care of it and don't dog it. I have used it for hunting, trapping and yard work all this time. The plastic is really brittle and I have patched it in several places also the seat. Does anyone else have one older than 1985. Suzuki gets my vote. I carry my rifle over my chest with the sling loose over my neck. I think I got and still getting my money's worth..

Another thing. My father in law had a 700 Polaris Dale Earnheart Jr. Special. That thing was fast, too **** fast for me. I didn't like the automatic. Couldn't drive slow and just putt along. It had big mud tires that just threw mud all over you. I hated that thing. But it was fast.

Another thing. My father in law had a 700 Polaris Dale Earnheart Jr. Special. That thing was fast, too **** fast for me. I didn't like the automatic. Couldn't drive slow and just putt along. It had big mud tires that just threw mud all over you. I hated that thing. But it was fast.

That is the 1 brand I have not, nor will I ever own. You walk into my local dealer (who sells Polaris, and several other brands) and his service department is always packed with Polaris ATV's. The service department manager told me Polaris keeps them busy, especially during the slow times. That should tell you something... lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.