Best barrel for my 7mag

Hey good talk hawk45. I just read several tests and reviews on the savage 111 and I am completely impressed with what I see. Much more so than the venture. Which I do already own chambered in 30 06. Seems from what I have read on the savage all the things that make me nervous about the venture are pretty well tuned together with 111. Plus to get back to that accutrigger which I really like would be a plus for me. And the three position safety, although s minuscule detail, does appeal to me. Iv always liked guns with that feature. Plus the accustock sounds like a great thing to have stock as its something I would end up wanting to spend money on in the future anyway

Since hawk45 got you excited on Savage rifles :):Dgun), check out this video ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/656Z7KUiXJ8?t=109[/ame]

I own a few Savage rifles and they are quite the shooter right out of the box.

SURVEY_zpsadgshotn.jpg

[ame]https://youtu.be/TVMCBEe0E_4?t=7[/ame]

The Savage rifles are very DIY friendly. While after market support is not as plentiful as the 50+ year old Remington 700 action, it is slowly catching up.

Here's http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f22/my-budget-270-ai-97745/

Good luck!

Ed

@TAS5937, I sent you a PM with links to a few used Savages for good prices. It's easy to buy online and just have sent to your local shop for FFL paperwork and pick-up. Just have your shop send their FFL to the online store (if they already don't have on file) and find out your shops fee to do a transfer. Usually about $20.

@TAS5937, I sent you a PM with links to a few used Savages for good prices. It's easy to buy online and just have sent to your local shop for FFL paperwork and pick-up. Just have your shop send their FFL to the online store (if they already don't have on file) and find out your shops fee to do a transfer. Usually about $20.
Yeah I got that man thank you. And I went to the shop today and did a ton of research last night and decided to get the savage 110. They had a used one for 250 bucks. Old a little rough looking but functions just fine. I picked it up

We'll see that's why I came to you guys here is cuz I'm gonna have to go by trial and error here. My father in law used to own his own bullet company Making frangable ammo so he has every piece of equipment you could think of and he knows exactly how to do all this but he won't help me out any for any of this. He was all for it when we were building the at platforms but once I started talking about this he just more or less says it's stupid and has every negative thing in the book to say so I said to hell with it and I'm going solo. That's why I appreciate the info man.
Don't forget about Youtube. There are hundreds if not thousands of instructional videos about reloading as well as on things like how to properly bed and float the action/barrel.

Watching someone do it while explaining the who, what, how, when, where and why is invaluable.

Most of us over forty either had to have a friend or family member willing to fill that role or just flat had to wing it.

Yeah I got that man thank you. And I went to the shop today and did a ton of research last night and decided to get the savage 110. They had a used one for 250 bucks. Old a little rough looking but functions just fine. I picked it up

Awesome brother. Good choice. Now you can upgrade to just about any caliber shy of the .338LM with a barrel and bolt head swap. Make the investment and get a barrel nut wrench and vice and you should be good to go. A good stock and optic and the options are endless.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.