Best BANG for my Buck...Bino's

longgunshooter

Hello shooters,

im currently shopping for some binos and wanted to get some respected opinions on the subject before i drop some coin. I know "in glass, you get what you pay for" but.... lets hear some reviews. Im eyeing the Cabela' Euros...

not to aweful long ago, i did have some Swaro' 15x56's but had to sell em down the road due to some "economic difficulties" so i may be spoiled from the word go on this...

Best bang for your buck, is deffinately Zen-Ray ED2. light transmission is as good as anything out there, resolution and contrast is fantastic and edge to edge clarity is nearly as good as the big three. While the edge to edge clarity isn't as good, they have a wider field of view than those comparable sets of glass. So effectively you have the same amount of field with great clarity. The Zen-Ray ED2 retail for around $450 and you will have to spend atleast $1200 to achieve the same quality!

I have Swaro SLC's but I've been real impressed looking through Vortex glass. I looked through some Vipers and SLC's side by side and while there was a difference , it wasn't $850 difference. I even have a pair of their Lightening binos that sell for $100 but I got them free with my Viper scope and they aren't too bad.

When I was hunting brown bear in Alaska the guide & the hunters had top end binos except one guy that had a Cannon with digital stabilization which cost around $300. After we all looked through them we all agreed that they were better than all the rest. They take out most of the jumpyness out of looking through them. When glassing for a long time it makes a big difference.

JMHO,

gt40

The Vortex are still no comparison to the Swarovskis but the Nikon Monarchs can be had for less then $300 and are the best value I have seen.

Hello, I understand, I've had "economic difficulties too!" I have just bought some bushnell legend 10x42 binos. They cost me $165 usd. I live in New Zealand so that was about $250.00 of our $ landed here. They are excellent value for money. I had a pair of Bushnell elites a while back and they where slightly better but not that much in my opinion. Personally I think optical quality is a bit overrated sometimes. If you are half blind and can't see a deer if its 100 yds in front of you ( like some guys I've hunted with!) the best binos in the world won't help.
I got the older model legends not the newer HD ones as I read a comparison and the writer did not think there was much difference and thought the older model was better to hold and use.
Good luck.

Sounds like you have had quite a bit of experience with bino's? Since you are asking for help choosing the right binoculars let me tell you what I think has all the bells and whistles as well as bang for your buck. The Nikon Monarch X. For hunting in Texas I like the 8.5x45's. Great light transmission, fully coated glass and quality construction. I would put them up against any other pair including those costing much more. Now for the kicker, Nikon has a promotion going on for the Monarch X product line. I just saw a flyer and here is the link (hopefully) to the $100 rebate offered. That should help you make up your mind. Go to your local Nikon Retailer and check a pair out. I think once you get a pair in your hands the choice will be easy.

Nikon Promo - Your source for Exclusive Nikon Promotions, Nikon Discounts, Nikon Deals, and More.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.