Best 7mm out there now

Yep, you might need to.
I bought one of my boys and one of my step boys both a 7mm for their High school graduation.
The other two boys , my oldest got a 270 wsm and the oldest step boy wanted a 30-06 for their graduation.
I will say that I also really like the 270 wsm.

my old weatherby in 7stw. I've been looking at Remington 700s with brown precision stocks lately and I am wondering if the stock on this one was made from one of their blanks. The recoil feels about like a 308 and the rifle is very light

Attachments

• CF4693B3-4429-4612-B95E-8DD51939F0BF.jpeg
    CF4693B3-4429-4612-B95E-8DD51939F0BF.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 37
I have read through all the threads and if you remember any of my post I'm a 7 mm fan myself. However, I didn't see anybody mention a 300 PRC necked down to a 7 mm. How do you all think this compares to a STW, 28 Nos, or a RUM?

This rifle was a real score. First year 700adl in 7 mag. The early magnum 700s had stainless barrels on them.
I paid 200 bucks for this one and put a free scope I had on it. My buddy "bore sighted it" aka pulled the bolt and looked down the bore at something in the distance and lines the crosshairs up with whatever he was looking at.
I was sighting in some other rifles at 100yds and I was feeling lazy so I took a shot with this 700. I didn't think I even hit the paper. I walked up to the target and the bullet went right through the very center of the target. My buddy that "bore sighted" it has since died and I haven't shot the rifle since

Attachments

• C5EC7A2E-0AE1-4308-AFC8-F69614586361.jpeg
    C5EC7A2E-0AE1-4308-AFC8-F69614586361.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 25
One of the gents here did raise a good point... wonder what has happened with the Dakota line of cartridges?
Mergers, acquisitions sales and reorganization.... Didn't help that they were relying on subbing out production and we've had 3x several years long rush/shortages in the last 15 years. Go back to the late 90s early 2000s and it was much more limited options. Now the big brands all have competing cartridges with backing of more consistent components and support. New sales drop off, support will soon follow.

Had a 7 wsm, 7rem, and 7rum purchased within weeks of each other. 7 wsm was probably the best of the wsms odd how the others all eclipsed it. Sold it for a 270 wsm when family bought 270s, figured no sense in being odd man out. 7 rem was a donor rifle, shot all the included ammo from the sale and gave the tube and components to an acquaintance. 7 rum was because at the time I couldn't swing a 7 am, shot it a pile and started a habit of always having one and one in rotation with a smoked barrel.

I'm down to just one 7 rum currently, had built an ultralight 300 rum for a point and click meat harvestor. It was just a bit brutal, ultralight and 165s at Mach billion from a 300 rum kill both ways. It went to a masochistic friend and built a dupe in 7 rum, so far so good it's still a little stout for its weight but manageable. My varmint 7 rum is currently being re barreled down to a hot 6.5, might to the same when this barrel wears out. Probably depend on if I become a wuss when I get to my 40s.

Long way of saying 7 rum is my favorite 7. Keeps the barrel man happy and the powder mfg in the $$.

I get killin both ways. Lately my 300 has been taking bites out of my knuckles from the trigger guard.

Ouch! I feel your pain!

Once, in a moment of utter stupidity, I returned a signal from a separated hunting buddy with my AI. Pointed straight up, held with one hand, "torching" one off……the rifle trigger guard comes down with amazing speed/energy when accelerated by 60 ft/lbs. of recoil! 🤦‍♂️

NOTE to self…… never do that again! 😜 memtb