Best 308w brass still lapua?

cohunt

What do yall think-- lapua, nosler/norma, Peterson, adg,starline, LC, rem, win, federal ? --- talking bolt gun not gas gun brass....I use lc in my gas gun.

Now that we have so many brass options--- what do you think the best 308w brass and why?

Consistency, capacity, longevity, neck thickness, monetary value ??? Why do you think a certain brand is the best?

I use LC and IMI on my bolt guns mainly because it's free from a friend. He gave 2 buckets full. Shot though an MG. I did spend a lot of time prepping them: deburring FH, Trim, Anneal, Uniforming primer pockets, etc. The only thing I noticed is they start showing elevated pressure signs earlier compaired to commercial ones.

in my experience I'd say it's a tie between Lapua and Peterson and if their 308 brass is anything like their 6.5 creed brass I'd say Alpha is right up there with them They make it in large or small primer Just like the excellent Lapua Palma brass. But I wouldn't run any of them through a LR308 or AR10. It breaks your heart to see that beautiful brass beat up.

I've been torture testing some Peterson brass. Everytime I go to shoot my .308 I load up the same 10-12 pieces of brass with the same lot of powder, primers and bullets. I'm on my 13th reload and pockets are still tight. SD/ES not varying much and all I do is redneck anneal every third reload.

I'm happy with it.

I'm going with Lapua. I just loaded up some new Lapua 308 with Varget and Berger CH 168. New load and they were all touching on 2 3 shot groups. Not sure if the brass had anything to do with it, but it sure didn't hurt.

Are any of you guys posting in this thread, using your 308 brass in an AR10/LR308?
Thanks
I don't, my ar10 is used for fun. Year's ago when I bought my DPMS I bought a barrel of lake city 150gr fmj .. I've been throwing the brass away, it gets dents and the mouth of the brass is oval shaped. 🙄

I don't, my ar10 is used for fun. Year's ago when I bought my DPMS I bought a barrel of lake city 150gr fmj .. I've been throwing the brass away, it gets dents and the mouth of the brass is oval shaped. 🙄
Omg-- save that brass for me-- I'll pay shipping and I'll resize it for my gas gun-- thats what I use in my gas gun

Are any of you guys posting in this thread, using your 308 brass in an AR10/LR308?
Thanks
I save the good brass for my bolt guns and I run headstamp sorted range brass in my LR308 with Faxon barrel and it still shoots roughly 1 MOA give or take more than good enough for hog hunting and target practice. I anneal after each firing but Lake city, hornady, and Winchester all work well and I don't get upset if I lose brass on the range or in the field when hog hunting.