Bertram 270 WSM brass feedback

Farleg (on this Forum) uses Bertram (he's in Australia). Riceman and Butterbean have also used Bertram (in other calibers I think). I have 100 pcs of 300 RUM, but haven't gotten to it (or my new barrel) yet🥺.
Maybe someone will chime in?

have used it in
284 win
7 saum
300 rum
338 rum
have not in wsm but everything else has been good. brass is hard holds primers well but seats harder than most, 12+ reloads most times a lot more. accuracy has been above average with case prep but i prep all brass no matter brand. case weights can have a larger spread than lapua if that matters and neck thickness varies little not horrible and are the only two things that some might complain about.

I'm using Winchester brass in my 270 WSM pushing a 170 EOL Berger at 3060fps. I only have two firings on them so far but they have worked well enough.

Gday the hock
Can1010 is probably better to listen to than me as I'm a hack @ reloading compared to most but here's my 2 cents worth
As gltaylor said I use a lot of Bertram
Used it in the following 218 bee ( true bee ) 243,2506,257bee 7-08 7rem, 7rum 30-30 , 308,3006,300wm,300 bee ,300wsm 300rum 303/25
338wm338rum
375 h&h 375rum
404 & 500 Jeffery
45-70 ,458lott
I think that's about it & yes I like it
I will say I'm not a bug hole guy but it serves me real well & you can push it hard
I did a recent test against some adg in 375 rum & it's primer pockets held up longer by 2 firings & I was stepping on them realistically the velocities were basically the same with around 50 fps more in Bertrum I've had others go slightly the other way

Bertrum is not as uniform as the adg but still ample for me although I prep prior to loading anyway

The primer pockets are the tightest I've ever used

Hope that helps & wish you the best with your 270wsm
Stay safe a shoot straight
Cheers

Good to hear on the Bertram brass. Had great consistency and accuracy using 270WSM Norma brass in my 7/300 until the 3rd reloading. Went to get my ammo to shoot and over 1/3 of the primers where laying in the bottom of the case🤬. These weren't even hot loads. Using the Bertram brass might be the ticket so I can keep shooting that rifle as a 7/300 WSM vs re barreling to something different. I know there is 300WSM brass in ADG but I prefer to size up vs size down.

I had some 300 WSM Bertram and it was terrible. The guy that used to run the US sales said they were having issues with the wsm brass in particular and the manufacturer in Australia was fairly stuck in their ways. Hopefully they figured their issues out but in my experience it wasn't great. They made it right with me and exchanged the brass for another caliber as they were sending all the 300 wsm brass back and weren't getting any more so they gave me some 30 Nosler Brass. It worked fairly well but never shot as good as ADG.

I had some 300 WSM Bertram and it was terrible. The guy that used to run the US sales said they were having issues with the wsm brass in particular and the manufacturer in Australia was fairly stuck in their ways. Hopefully they figured their issues out but in my experience it wasn't great. They made it right with me and exchanged the brass for another caliber as they were sending all the 300 wsm brass back and weren't getting any more so they gave me some 30 Nosler Brass. It worked fairly well but never shot as good as ADG.
How long ago and what were the issues? I've got a 100ct bag of 270 WSM sitting unopened, so it would be nice to know what to look for out of the gate.

I was surprised by the comment on not annealing as one of the things I remembered from my (very informative) factory
tour at Bertram's, some years back, was that they seemed to anneal after almost every step in the case forming process, so this did not quite ring true. I did not want to post anything without first checking with Bruce that I had the details correct. His reply to me is as follows:
=======================
Steven.. thanks for sending me that................... Yes we full anneal at every draw. and neck anneal prior to case forming and again after forming.. we often wash the brass prior to packing and this removes the annealed look.. Kinda hard to win on this as some guys like the clean look and some guys like the annealed look ??? some what depends on the guy !!!! I take on board any and all issues.. The end game is to have good quality brass and every one happy.. for the volume we ship , I get very little issues. But again ,, we will listen and take on board any problems.. The guys shooting are in the end , my product testers .. Every case must fit , and must function .
Currently shipping heaps to the USA as the other makers can not keep up to the demand. In fact we also have problems keeping up to the demand . There is a different guy in the USA now owning and running Bertram Brass USA and things appear to be much smoother. Our largest shipment to date , to the USA , is 6 tons.. = 6 x I000 Litre IBC containers..
More than happy for you to re post this as I am not on this page and to be honest , the more time I spend on social media the less work I get done !!!!
======================

I live about an hour from their factory and have bought direct and picked up the goods (cases and cup and core projectiles) several times. They are a family owned and run company and are fantastic to deal with. I hope this post is of value to you.