Berger Bullets joins NAMMO Group!

DocUSMCRetired

Berger Bullets joins NAMMO Group!

I would like to emphasize a couple of things before you read on. This CHANGES NOTHING. Production will remain in the same facility, by the same people, to the same quality. Berger Bullets will remain the highest quality bullets on the market. What this merger does, is it gives opportunity of these companies to work together, to provide the highest quality ammunition. Lapua is well known for its high quality brass, VihtaVuori makes high quality powder, and Berger makes high quality bullets. When you put the three together, you have the possibility of unmatched, premium hand loaded factory ammunition. To be clear, this will not effect the quality or way that Berger Bullets are produced.

Nammo is proud to announce that Berger Bullets, a global leader in the manufacturing of premium rifle bullets, has joined the Nammo Group. For over 60 years Berger Bullets has produced the highest quality rifle bullets for varmint hunting, target shooting, game hunting and tactical use. Berger Bullets' products have established many of the existing national and world records among the top precision oriented rifle shooting events.

Morten Brandtzæg, President and CEO of the Nammo Group says, "Having Berger Bullets on board is the perfect match for Nammo. Their products, which are complementary to our other premium brands, will strengthen our group's strategic position in the US commercial ammunition market."

Berger Bullets joins an existing family of premium Nammo commercial ammunition components and ammunitions brands – SK, Vihtavuori and Lapua. The addition of Berger Bullets to Nammo unifies four brands that all share one common goal, which is producing the ultimate in precision performance. The four brands will continue to operate as unique brands servicing precision rifle shooters, while working together to enhance their collective offerings and services.

Raimo Helasmäki, Executive Vice President of Nammo Commercial Ammunition says, "This is a very exciting proposition for Nammo to execute an opportunity to join with a company that has the same passion as we do for precision, performance and serving the needs of the rifle shooters who care most about performance."

Eric Stecker, President of Berger Bullets said, "Supported by Nammo, Berger will continue to produce the highest quality rifle bullets in the world. Written words fail to describe how excited we are about the future of Berger Bullets and the growth of the other premium Nammo brands within the US market."

Berger Bullets will continue to operate as they have providing a leadership role in the sponsorship of significant shooting events for the discerning rifle shooter. Walt Berger and Bryan Litz, along with the rest of the existing Berger team, will continue on as part of Nammo's US growth plan going forward.

The completion of the acquisition will be subject to regulatory approvals by US governmental authorities.

Varmint, Target Hunting and Tactical Bullets | Berger Bullets www.abmammo.com* Home | Nammo Lapua Home - Vihtavuori Home - SK

Q. What are Nammo's plans to do with Berger Bullets?
A. Nammo plans on operating Berger Bullets as a stand-alone brand with support from the Nammo Group in a number of areas. First, they would like to help Berger improve the availability of many of their bullets that are in high demand.

Q. Are you going to eliminate any specific bullets? In other words, do they need to stock up!
A. We have no immediate plans to discontinue any of our bullets. We will continue as a part of our normal business practice to discontinue bullets that have been replaced by a superior product or those that do not have a demand sufficient to warrant allocating time in our production schedule. This is just what we have always done as part of our process.

Q. Is Bryan Litz still going to be the ballistician for Berger Bullets?
A. Yes. Bryan is an important part of the Berger Bullet team and our plans definitely include keeping Bryan on as our lead ballistician.

Q. Is Eric Stecker going to remain in charge of Berger Bullets?
A. Eric Stecker will continue as President of Berger Bullets

Q. Are the same dealers going to carry Berger Bullets?
A. Yes, we have no plans to change the way we distribute Berger Bullets to the shooting community.

Q. Does this mean ABM Ammo will have direct access to components like Powder and Brass?
A. Yes.

Sounds good to me. Sure better than merging with someone interested only in their bottom line. Congratulations, good news for a time when we don't see much good on the horizon.

I was just wondering, from the articles that I listed above, if the company that Berger just merged with (Norma) has no clue what they are doing with their 6DOF program like Hornady has no clue with their 4DOF program? Especially since they are using the same equipment to get there. I would like to read the technical article on it to see how both companies compare to cluelessness.

Just figured since the article about Hornady was put out by applied ballistics that they would want to know about NAMMO's attempt to do the same thing so they could do a technical article on it so that I could read it and judge if it was a good program or not and if I should use it.

You are right though. I should have started my own thread about it. My apologies on that.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.