Berger Bullets in the 22-250

BRNG525

I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the Berger bullets in the 22-250 and what kind of results you had in both accuracy and on predator's. I am currently loading Berger in one of my large hunting rifles but have yet to try them in the smaller calibers. Any information that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I am shooting a Kimber Model 84M Varmint, 26" barrel and 1 in 14 twist. I am worried the twist rate is not fast enough to stabilize the longer bullets.gun)

You will struggle to stabilize their 22 VLD's but you should be able to shoot their flat base varmint bullets up to 60 grains pretty well. I shot the 55 grain Varmint bullets in my 22-250 and they shot exceptionally accurate and had a pretty good splat factor but I switched back to the Hornady Vmax because they were cheaper and more accessible.

I know of a few guys that have fast twist 22-250's that shoot the heavy VLD's and they love them for 1k yard varmints and targets.

Berger specs the 55 grain flat based varmint as the heavy for 1-14 twist. They claim 60 is for 1-12 or faster. Not saying you can't have good results with it in your's, just what they claim... They know bullets. I shoot 215 hybrid's out of 1-11 twist and got great results out to 260 yds. ( as far as I've shoot them so far). They are borderline stable out of that twist. Brian litz ( of berger ) told me to expect the BC. Of bullets to be reduced by approximately 10℅ due to lessened stability of bullets. I will have to validate accuracy and drops (BC.) At extended ranges to confirm his advise.

As others have pointed out, a 1:14" twist will be great up to about a 55gr bullet. You can try some of the slightly heavier bullets, but you may run into some stabilization issues. Anything in the 40-55gr weight range should shoot great from your rifle with the right load under it.

Here is a little bit off question. How does the kimber 22-250 shoot. Do u like the gun how's the trigger

The guns appears to shoot pretty good. I have only tried three different loads in it so far and they all shoot under (1) inch, but no real tack drivers yet. The trigger is crisp and clean with no creep! It is a little barrel heavy but all in all I like it!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.