Berger ammunition (please inspect)

Over the years I have had brass issues with Nosler, Norma, Hornady, and Remington brass. Hornady and Remington were interested and did something (replaced) the brass. Both Nosler and Norma said I was shot out of luck. My response is to never buy their brass ever again.

I have 5 boxes of Berger 300 norma, 215 & 230gr hybrids. I've looked at all the lapua cases, NONE of them have any noticeable external flaws and bto measurements are very consistent as are total loaded case weights.

As stated above. I use Berger bullets and will continue to do so. I will be contacting them to offer photos and lot numbers of the problem ammo if they so desire. I'm not looking for any form of replacement or compensation. Like I stated before. The Pre Loaded Ammo is just not for me.

It would be nice if you emailed them so you have a written response Berger ammo is expensive and they really need to make good. If they do not back up their product then many others would like know as well. Good luck let everyone know how it works out.

Rick, normal I would but this is not the first time I have bought there Ammo and have received crap. This stuff is going to the garbage and I have learned my lesson.

That one round is definitely crap, and I know you said all the rounds look like crap. It would be nice to see the other rounds as well. However, throwing it away is not the smartest move. I'd talk to Berger and get them to refund your money, what did that stuff cost you $45-50 + tax/shipping?

I don't mind you complaining about a company like Berger, but you need to give them a chance to make it right. Plus the company needs feed back so they can fix issues in the QC department. I'm sure Berger will make it right by you, but only if you give them a chance.

I've had issues before with ammunition, .223 Federal 55 grain with primers that fell out after firing, .35 Whelen Remington 200 grain missing a primer or primer seated backwards, and 100 rounds custom .250 Savage with the bullet ogive seated below the case mouth. Each and every time the manufacture fixed the problem and made it right, no I wasn't happy when these things happened but I was satisfied with the resolution of my problems.

Something is not adding up here. You paid ~$50 for ammo and it is not right but you do not want them to make it right? If I had purchased that from a reputable vendor I would want the situation corrected. I would not go posting it on the net. I can assure you if that is in fact how the Berger came they make ammo like that far far less than they get it right.

As stated above. I use Berger bullets and will continue to do so. I will be contacting them to offer photos and lot numbers of the problem ammo if they so desire. I'm not looking for any form of replacement or compensation. Like I stated before. The Pre Loaded Ammo is just not for me.
I agree with you. you gave em a shot and you found the product not to be satisfactory. I don't think there is anyone out there that hasn't experienced a product that don't fit their needs. I bet you made a lot of people look at the ammo they bought tho….. too bad its got that name on it, I really like their bullets. thanks for the heads up so now I can be conscious about it. I wouldn't have thought to look till you brought it up.

When will people learn? NEVER complain about anything Berger on this site. Oh and let also speak for Berger. Contact them and they'll replace it for free.

When will people learn? NEVER complain about anything Berger on this site. Oh and let also speak for Berger. Contact them and they'll replace it for free.

Or maybe consider they have an incredible reputation for a reason before bashing them as being garbage.

Automation can do some pretty jacked up things to soft metals in a hurry...

Obviously this guy has had bad luck not once, not twice, but 3 times. You'd have thought after over 100$ into poor product he would have done something but naw. Just throw it away and try again for the 3rd time.

60rds total, one pic of a single bad round. Berger making 10s of thousands of rounds. Pretty small sample size and unbelievably bad luck for a guy.

You'll get that kind of backlash to brand bashing when the company you bash has a very positive reputation.

Man, I'm sorry about your bad experience, but this is the exact same ammo I bought the other week and it is the absolute best that I have ever shot in factory loaded ammo. It shot 0.2 moa and under during barrel break in on my Proof/TL3 switch barrel the other day. I guess anyone can get a faulty product though. If that's the only bad one, I would let them know and shoot the rest. In a manufacturing environment, sometimes things get banged around.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.