Berger ammunition (please inspect)

Elkhunter007

Received some Berger Ammunition Today, 300 Win Mag 215gr Hybrid OTM. Beware. This is the worst ammo that I have ever seen. All rounds should be inspected. Also note that I will contact Berger and that I will still support their bullets, just not the Pre Loaded Ammo.

Berger 300Win 215gr.jpg

Last edited:
Received some Berger Ammunition Today, 300 Win Mag 215gr Hybrid OTM. Beware. This is the worst ammo that I have ever seen. All rounds look like crap.

View attachment 123747
What brass is that? Christ it looks terrible..
I bought some Berger 300 Norma Mag 230 grain ammo just for the Lapua brass, I pulled a few bullets and weighed the powder charges and they were pretty dang exact.
Seems like premium ammo to me

Rick, normal I would but this is not the first time I have bought there Ammo and have received crap. This stuff is going to the garbage and I have learned my lesson.

Why would you do that, if you take the time to complain online why not pick up the phone and talk with them so their aware of it. I've seen pile of their ammo ran and it was as good as it gets but everyone has something happen that doesn't get caught till someone says something.

Rick, normal I would but this is not the first time I have bought there Ammo and have received crap. This stuff is going to the garbage and I have learned my lesson.

Contact Berger. They will want to look into it for sure! AND they will replace it FREE. If all there ammo turned out like that nobody would buy the stuff.

Not disagreeing you have a bad product, but we are hearing only one side. It would have been interesting for all us to hear their response too. Just saying.

This is the third time I have had issues with Berger Ammo. Don't really want to say anymore on the web because I know many people may like their pre loaded ammo, it's just not for me. I hand load for many of my guns with their bullets and will continue to do so.

So it's not important enough to call them but just important enough to get online and let the world know.
In my day job I deal with this kind of thing regularly and don't understand why complaining to everyone BUT the people who can do something about it seems like the right thing to do? Regardless of product or manufacture!!

Whoa!!!!! I believe we're hearing one side of the record only. Berger bullets are second to none for me I have been reloading for over 45 years and sometimes you do encounter a batch of whatever, happens to sneak through quality control but you don't throw the the whole company under the bus as you are doing. I use Berger in my 308 VLD
hunting and ,175 gr in 300 Weatherby with unbelievable results. Until I hear the other side of the record. The jury is still out.

Every time goods are bought and sold, a sales contract is created: the buyer agrees to pay, and the seller agrees to accept, a certain price in exchange for a certain item or number of items. Sales contracts are frequently oral, unwritten agreements. The purchase of items like a candy bar hardly seems worth the trouble of drafting an agreement spelling out the buyer's expectation that the candy bar will be fresh and edible. Implied warranties protect the buyer whether or not a written sales contract exists.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts