Benchmark Barrels feedback please

My 338 Edge wears a Benchmark.

No load development but sub moa.
Made 700 yards on shot 14.
3 shot cloverleaf every time out. At the moment, limiting to 3 shot strings.
No copper, ever.

All that is repeatable on any day.

I have more for other projects.

A while ago, a shipment of .338 barrels had to go back for evaluation after a few just would not shoot well, and velocity was all over the map. Evaluation confirmed steel was "bad", and they were eventually replaced. Replacement took a long, long time.

I've since chosen to spend my money elsewhere...

Put a Benchmark barrel on a Rem 700 about 3 years ago and it has been a solid shooter for me. No complaints on my end.

My edge wears one and shoots ok, .147 ctc.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• target 035.jpg
    target 035.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 38
A while ago, a shipment of .338 barrels had to go back for evaluation after a few just would not shoot well, and velocity was all over the map. Evaluation confirmed steel was "bad", and they were eventually replaced. Replacement took a long, long time.

I've since chosen to spend my money elsewhere...

Since they don't make the steel, extra time to verify quality of replacement and to get the supplier to get his act together or get a new supplier is expected.

At the moment, with limited experience, it is my impression that they are a "ship when it's right" organization.

Since they don't make the steel, extra time to verify quality of replacement and to get the supplier to get his act together or get a new supplier is expected.

At the moment, with limited experience, it is my impression that they are a "ship when it's right" organization.

Not arguing that at all.... in fact, I applaud their practice of not shipping until it is correct. I wish more manufacturers would adhere to that philosophy.
I've just chosen to buy elsewhere..

I have been very happy with my Benchmark Barrels. So far I have used them on builds for, 7 Ultramag, 300 Ultramag, 338 Ultramag, and 7 Rsaum. They all shoot great. I also have Benchmark barrels for a couple of other builds for 270 WSM and a 300 WSM. And I will use them for other builds in the future. gun)

I have 1 Benchmark barrel, it is a 26" 1-8 .223 that I shoot for mid-range f/class. Very accurate with a 75 gr A max. I will own another.

thanks everyone for the reply's! im very excited to receive my benchmark and hopefully have the same luck as everyone else!! Just have to figure out if i want it on a remington or custom action!

I have a Benchmark 1 in 8 on my 22-250. At 100 yds I get little bug holes and can maintain sub half minute out to 400 yds. Very satisfied and will have another.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.