Bell & Carlson Stock Advise

remmy308

I need opinions from people using the Bell & Carlson A5 or A2 with a LA caliber. Most everything I found online was guys using the A5 on .308's. I wanna know how to holds up being using with a .300 RUM and larger LA calibers. How's the butt pad on the A5 and since it's adjustable will it withstand the recoil without slipping. I have never personally handled either one of these stocks and don't wanna spend more than $500. I do like the added weight of the A5 over the A2 and the adjustable cheekpiece will come in handy. Thanks for the help!

i have used the a2 alot on big l/a calibers and love them for the money. They feel good and hold up well. We have used them on big 7 calibers all the way up to a 338 lapua imp. As for the a5 we used them on a few guns one on a 338 edge and it held up nice but seemed to let you feel the recoil more then others.

I have the Medalist Varmint and Tactical on my 300 Ultra no complaints the recoil pad is awsome and just the right amount of sticky.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.