Bell and Carlson long range hunter stock

MTbackwoods

LRH Sponsor
I'm curious if anyone here has had a chance to use one of these yet. Curious about thoughts and definitely interested in pictures if you've got em

I bought one last month for my Rem 700 SS in 300 WM. I had them mill out for the factory DBM. Action fit was perfect. Only issue is the barrel channel is too large for my barrel. My fault for not doing more thorough research since the website clearly states heavy barrels. No problem as I have another 700 LA with a heavy barrel. Once I get it back from my gunsmith and check the fit, i will be placing an order a long range sporter for my 300 WM.

EB6ADB3D-1B01-46BF-AD85-DC21EB545BB8.jpeg

19C11860-AEF8-4EE6-9A44-F840917320ED.jpeg

It's a work in progress. It has been a forgotten safe queen since not shot it since 97 or 98, so I'm starting over. I did satterlee testing at 200 yards yesterday with 181 Hammer Hunters over H1000, Reloder 26 and IMR 7977. I'm new to Hammer bullets, so I'm closely following the load development process outlined in their website. I shot up to Nosler book max as recommended with no sign of pressure. Planning to continue on until I find maximum with each powder and start shooting groups.

How is the palm swell on it? That's probably my #1 area of curiosity. I ordered one the other day because the price and weight is right. But now I'm curious what I got myself into

I'm curious if anyone here has had a chance to use one of these yet. Curious about thoughts and definitely interested in pictures if you've got em
I have had good luck with other B&C stocks, customer service (if you need it) is real good. Good folks and US company there in Dodge City!

I have had good luck with other B&C stocks, customer service (if you need it) is real good. Good folks and US company there in Dodge City!
Yeah I have 2 of the M40 stocks. I'm switching one out for the Long Range (which means it'll be for sale if you're interested). I've liked them so far. Both rifles are very accurate with them I just like the tactical style ergonomics more. So we'll see how it turns out

I like them a lot, probably the best vertical grip style stock out there for the price!

Remember the Greybull stocks? It's the same thing, BC made them for John Burns.