Beginning coyote hunter

Seabeeken

As I get ready to hunt coyotes I have a few questions and ask for helpful advice.
I live in the mountains of NC is a slightly residential area but have enough land to hunt. I am picking up coyotes on camera from time to time and would like to improve my chances of calling some in. I have an electronic caller and my AR is equipped with a thermal scope.
Which are the best calls to use at various times of the year?
Productive methods and advice?
Thanks for the help.

There are several posts on this topic already, but I will give a quick rundown.

Start quiet, don't start at full volume.
Motion decoy helps a lot
I use rabbit and rodent sounds for coyotes.
In Spring and summer, pup distress works well, and I keep pup distress as my fox bang call, so after the shot it plays, will allow for a second or third coyote to be taken if a pack comes in as they will stop.
Don't educate them. If you call them in, shoot them.
Be mindful of your scent and wind direction. They will smell where you walked an hour ago and turn and be gone.

Have some mouth calls to mix it up. I've seen guys using electronic calls in the same areas luckily taper off once the yotes get smarter. Fawn in distress works great in the spring. A rabbit squeaker and a howler to talk back if they are calling out work most all the time.

Pay attention to patterns too. Some will hang in an area, my old place they had a long stretch of creek they could travel along. I'd hear them behind my old place for about a week at a time then they would be up or down stream for a bit and then back.

You can look back to page 4 for Volume and distance and page 6 for Coyote Hunting Tips for a ton of useful information.

Lots of good info has been posted above. The main thing is wind. With that said, don't put a 4 lane highway to your back and expect them to come. They will come down wind 99 percent of the time. Set up to where you can see down wind. All because you have them on cam doesn't mean they will be there when you go hunt. Don't get discouraged when you go and don't call any in that day. I'm no pro but I've killed several. Mfk sounds are tough to beat imo. Don't be afraid to run sounds that aren't native to your area, curiosity kills dogs also lol